★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I can't find games that hook me much

06-13-2014, 10:04 PM
#1
I can't find games that hook me much

I like bigger meatier games like battle heart: legacy and infinity blade, but I get bored fast it seems. I love games like wolf among us and lone wolf, where your choices affect the story. Honestly, my favorite game currently is dungeonism. Can someone recommend me some games? And i can return the favor for anyone who asks. Thanks guys. Also, iPhone only please.
06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,687
Wasnt Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic updated for the smaller screens as well? Cos that seems to be a good fit to what you are looking for.

Then there's The World Ends With You, Bard's Tale, and Lili. There are more,but im not really sure of what you are looking for

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-14-2014, 04:18 AM
#3
Ghost trick u coul reaaaaally get addicted to
One of my fav ios games
06-14-2014, 09:03 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wasnt Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic updated for the smaller screens as well? Cos that seems to be a good fit to what you are looking for.

Then there's The World Ends With You, Bard's Tale, and Lili. There are more,but im not really sure of what you are looking for
Anything good I suppose. Any genre. As for what you recommended, I can't really get into KOTR. It's just kinda meh I suppose. Maybe it gets better as I go along though? I played the world ends with you on ds, I've actually never played lili. How is that? And same with bards tale. How's that? And at the second person, I've beat ghost trick. GREAT game.
06-14-2014, 10:07 AM
#5
Games that will grab you and are worth every penny:-

Knights of the old Republic
Dragon Quest VIII
Baldur's Gate 2

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
06-14-2014, 10:14 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Games that will grab you and are worth every penny:-

Knights of the old Republic
Dragon Quest VIII
Baldur's Gate 2
KOTR I didn't like, dragon quest I've heard is extremely Grundy so that's kinda meh and that last one is iPad only isn't it?
06-15-2014, 01:51 AM
#7
Try Space Miner, I Dig It, Battleheart, Shake Spears, King's League: Odyssey.
06-15-2014, 02:39 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
Just to account for personal taste and games you may have already played, I hope you don't mind if I give a large list.

868-Hack
Cardinal Quest 2
Device 6
Devil's Attorney
Game Dev Story
I Dig It
Isle of Bxnes
King Cashing
King's League
Mines of Mars
Oceanhorn
Out There
QuestLord
Rimelands
Shadow Sun
Sorcery!
Warhammer Quest
Wayward Souls

They're all games that provide a decent amount of content and hooked me from the start. I have noticed that I flit between games often so hopefully my tastes are similar to yours. I've tried to keep it to iPhone only games but I have trouble remembering as I only have iPads, sorry if I missed any! I'll update with more suggestions when I'm in less of a rush

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
06-15-2014, 11:32 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Just to account for personal taste and games you may have already played, I hope you don't mind if I give a large list.

868-Hack
Cardinal Quest 2
Device 6
Devil's Attorney
Game Dev Story
I Dig It
Isle of Bxnes
King Cashing
King's League
Mines of Mars
Oceanhorn
Out There
QuestLord
Rimelands
Shadow Sun
Sorcery!
Warhammer Quest
Wayward Souls

They're all games that provide a decent amount of content and hooked me from the start. I have noticed that I flit between games often so hopefully my tastes are similar to yours. I've tried to keep it to iPhone only games but I have trouble remembering as I only have iPads, sorry if I missed any! I'll update with more suggestions when I'm in less of a rush
I don't like most of them to be honest, but some definintly appeal to me like sorcery and devils attorney. Thanks for the suggestions. Btw, idk if anyone else has had this happen to them, but it seems like I have less space then I should... Idk why...

Last edited by spader623; 06-15-2014 at 11:40 AM.
06-15-2014, 11:48 AM
#10
Your problem is, you're playing on the wrong platform to enjoy 'meatier' games. iOS has great games, but not all can grab your attention for long periods... especially on a small display like the iPhone. PC is where it's at.