★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bullet Skater: Currently In Development

12-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Bullet Skater - Coming 2009

I can't keep it a secret anymore - so I'm going to give you guys some info on my new company's upcoming game. The company will be called Bullet Development, and we will be focused on creating original, fun to play games that don't start with an "i" or go on sale within 24 hours.

Our first title will be "Bullet Skater", a simple 2D game in which you must dodge incoming bullets.

You play as a stick man on a skateboard and must dodge incoming bullets by skating around the screen and jumping. You move your player by tilting the device and you jump by double tapping the screen.

Above is a very rough, and very early concept of what the game will look like. Final artwork will look much nicer, but the stickman will remain . There will initially be 50 levels, with plenty of room for future updates. No price has been decided, but the game should make it's way onto the App Store in the first few months of 2009.

Looking forward to your feedback,
- James

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

Last edited by BulletDev; 12-16-2008 at 10:11 PM.
12-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
I can't keep it a secret anymore - so I'm going to give you guys some info on my new company's upcoming game. The company will be called Bullet Development, and we will be focused on creating original, fun to play games that don't start with an "i" or go on sale within 24 hours.

Our first title will be "Bullet Skater", a simple 2D game in which you must dodge incoming bullets.

You play as a stick man on a skateboard and must dodge incoming bullets by skating around the screen and jumping. You move your player by tilting the device and you jump by double tapping the screen.

Above is a very rough, and very early concept of what the game will look like. There will initially be 50 levels, with plenty of room for future updates. No price has been decided, but the game should make it's way onto the App Store in the first few months of 2009.
OMG. My dreams come true. I love stickman stuff. Please stickman fighting game, bowman, etc., etc.

12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I dont get how you complete a level.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
The game sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Just a question - What exactly is the point of shooting a skater? I skateboard, so.... um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
OMG. My dreams come true. I love stickman stuff. Please stickman fighting game, bowman, etc., etc.
Yes, we need Bowman!!! I love that game!!

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 12-15-2008 at 08:38 PM.
12-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I dont get how you complete a level.
Sorry, I didn't go over that. Each level lasts 50 seconds, and you must dodge all of the bullets without completely dying within that time. Different coloured bullets do different things, and your life is based on a bar at the bottom of the screen (not in concept image).

12-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds fun. How much?
12-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
The game sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Just a question - What exactly is the point of shooting a skater? I skateboard, so.... um...
Well the skater is a trouble-making teenager, and when he skates over old Mrs. Burron's garden, the old lady takes out her shotgun and gets her revenge. Sorry I just made all of that up, I don't really know why he's being shot at :P

12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
Well the skater is a trouble-making teenager, and when he skates over old Mrs. Burron's garden, the old lady takes out her shotgun and gets her revenge. Sorry I just made all of that up, I don't really know why he's being shot at :P
I've been yelled at for skating on people's sidewalks. Maybe you could add a trailer with stick people at the beginning of the game (like a story). I think that's a pretty sweet idea XD

[Edit]By the way, I really like the trailer idea. You should make a video for once the game has been finished with the game as well(like the skater gets away from the lady, or something like that), if you're serious about the trailer thing.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 12-15-2008 at 08:48 PM.
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
Sounds fun. How much?
I'm not sure yet. It feels like .99 cents is the only way it will sell well, but I hate to do that just like every other game. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I've been yelled at for skating on people's sidewalks. Maybe you could add a trailer with stick people at the beginning of the game (like a story). I think that's a pretty good idea XD
I actually really like that idea! I could film a trailer....... thanks for the idea, I know some kids who would love doing this!

12-15-2008, 08:47 PM
It could be a $.99 introductory price, and if it does well you raise the price quickly. If not, it's a loooong introduction... Or make it $1.99. That price always seemed cool. It's a low price, but if it's 1.99 it cant be a piece of crap. (Dr. Awesome, Dropship, Blackbeard's Assault, Touchsports Tennis, etc.)