★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PIXOWL INC.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 85.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Snake Action is Back! Grub combines the best of snake gameplay with smooth accelerometer controls and a series of challenging levels

PRESS QUOTES
- "I recommend checking out Grub if youve been looking for a fun and contemporary take on the classic Snake game" -- AppAdvice
- "Its simple to understand, hard to master, and incredibly joyful to play." -- Cult of Mac
- "Grub is an enjoyable game. The graphics are cutesy, the animation is smooth and the music is bouncy." -- TUAW (Daily App)

Building upon its lovable Doodle Grub predecessor, Grub is an arcade-style mobile game that delightfully combines classic snake gameplay with an endearing character, a series of levels to challenge skill and agility, and comic book art by Laurel, renowned French artist and Pixowls co-founder.

In Grub, players are challenged to save Grubs best friend from the bird who captured him all while growing stronger and surviving the dangers and perils of life as a worm. Players squirm through 19 levels and interact and overcome multiple varied obstacles. Each level offers a different kind of challenge, such as eliminating a certain amount of enemies (Hedgehogs or Wolves) or collecting a given number of Apples. Power Ups such as Spikes or Magnet help Grub survive the winding trails of worm life. A survival mode is also available for players looking for just a few minutes of unwinding and relaxing gameplay.

Grubs gameplay is modeled after the most famous mobile hit game Snake. Combining the memorable concept of addictive gameplay and modernizing it with challenging features and stimulating graphics, Grub is the next generation of the Snake game.

GAME FEATURES
19 levels offering various challenges such as reaching certain scores, eating enough fruit, killing enemies, reaching a given size or scoring a big combo
Unique Survival Mode across two different levels
4 Power Ups: Use Spikes to kill the varied Hedgehogs and Wolves; Freeze the with the power of Ice, the Magnet to collect Apples and Coins or the Strike effect that will electrocute and kill all enemies at once!
Ability to upgrade Grub capabilities up to 7x each Power Up for maximum effect
Intuitive and responsive tilt controls, with two choices for device position: flat or inclined
GameCenter Support: Share high scores and compete for top spots on the leaderboards
Social Media Integration (Twitter & Facebook): See friends on the map and compare progression
More than 30 achievements including surpriseful challenges, like Globe Trotter (walking over 40,000 km), Colossal Grub (sizing up) or Serial Killer (killing over 1,000 enemies)
Video Replays and Comic Strips that unlock as players progress through the levels

FOLLOW GRUBS ADVENTURES!
Facebook: http://facebook.com/GrubGame
Twitter: http://twitter.com/GrubGame

CHECK OUT LAURELS WORK!
06-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I've been beta testing this for a little while and it's a really charming highscore chaser. The dev's put out some great games and has been pushing out updates like crazy for this, working to perfect it. More than worth firing up your Canadian account to give it a go!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

06-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Sure, I will give it a try after reading Pete's impression.

iOS Games,Apps,hacks | There are so many haters here!
06-16-2014, 12:12 AM
gonna grab this one.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

06-16-2014, 01:52 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

06-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey!

It's good to see a topic about our game!
We release it today, worldwide!

If you want to get a better idea of how you play this game, you can watch that video. It gives an idea of the tilt sensitivity:

06-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Loved Doodle Grub, an underrated and charming snake game gem.
06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
After having played Doodle Grub for quite a bit, it's now time for this one!
06-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Have relax time while playing the game. So funny.

Pine Entertainment
06-19-2014, 03:20 AM
Never played Doodle Grub, but this one is really fun. The tilt control is absolutely spot-on