Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 AM
ThatGreatWordGame ThatGreatWordGame is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default Introducing "That Great Word Game" (FindMap)

hi there!

We are proud to introduce "That Great Word Game"!


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
highlandgypsy highlandgypsy is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

I'm enjoying this game! Love that you can make your own boards and tile bags, but I REALLY love the undo button! That few seconds reprieve is great if you're an impulsive player like me and see a better word as soon as you hit play
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2014, 07:36 PM
ThatGreatWordGame ThatGreatWordGame is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandgypsy View Post
I'm enjoying this game! Love that you can make your own boards and tile bags, but I REALLY love the undo button! That few seconds reprieve is great if you're an impulsive player like me and see a better word as soon as you hit play
Thank you

It's amazing how often you notice a much better move *just* after you've hit play.. that's why put "UNDO" feature into TGWG from the very beginning!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:20 PM
highlandgypsy highlandgypsy is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGreatWordGame View Post
Thank you

It's amazing how often you notice a much better move *just* after you've hit play.. that's why put "UNDO" feature into TGWG from the very beginning!
Yes! I use it heaps when I play..thank goodness it's there! The other thing I like are those blocking tiles you have put on the boards...I haven't seen those in any of the other games I play and they can make jostling for a good scoring word VERY interesting!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:29 AM
ThatGreatWordGame ThatGreatWordGame is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandgypsy View Post
Yes! I use it heaps when I play..thank goodness it's there! The other thing I like are those blocking tiles you have put on the boards...I haven't seen those in any of the other games I play and they can make jostling for a good scoring word VERY interesting!
Exactly!

TGWG is like a 6 speed Ferrari compared to the others single speed Model T when it comes to board options.

Instead of just being a fixed board and "that's it" you can make your own or see what other people have made and are popular.

By varying the board dimensions, tile layout and have additional tile types such as QuadWord, QuadLetter and the BlockingTile you have a pretty much infinite range of possibilities.

Want a quick game? long game? High scoring game? Challenging game? Easy to look at game? You can do the lot all here in one app.

Attached is a pic showing the editor designing up a 20x20 game with tons of premium scoring possibilities and a couple of technical challenges thrown in too..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (510.9 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2014, 04:10 AM
highlandgypsy highlandgypsy is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

[QUOTE=ThatGreatWordGame;3259500]Exactly!

TGWG is like a 6 speed Ferrari compared to the others single speed Model T when it comes to board options.

/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't mind a Ferrari lol, but even without one, I am enjoying the game and, given I play a lot of word games, I think it compares really well with the others I play. Thanks for building it
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent