Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Hometown Story Pocket [By Natsume Inc.]

Quote:
Description

Take control of your own shop in the iOS version of the 3DS hit, Hometown Story! However, running a successful store is harder than it might look! You'll be constantly on the move, trying to keep all of the customers in your store satisfied, as well as trying to make your daily sales goals! Do you have the Midas touch to make your store a success?

- Famous creators unite!
Characters designed by Atsuko Nishida, music composed by Nobuo Uematsu, and game produced by Yasuhiro Wada!

- Customize the look of your shop!

- Interact with your favorite characters from the 3DS Hometown Story series!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Never played the 3DS version, so I'll give this a try!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:46 PM

Never heard of it, graphics don't look amazing but might take a look later if I get bored.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Why they can't port any of their harvest moon series.. I missed that game already :/
Old 06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentatsu View Post
Why they can't port any of their harvest moon series.. I missed that game already :/
Natsume's had a falling out with the developer of that series. They own the name "Harvest Moon", but the developer (Marvelous) owns the games. I think Natsume plans on making their own games under the Harvest Moon name, so maybe we'll see one on iOS at some point. Marvelous doesn't seem very interested in mobile at all, unfortunately.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Natsume's had a falling out with the developer of that series. They own the name "Harvest Moon", but the developer (Marvelous) owns the games. I think Natsume plans on making their own games under the Harvest Moon name, so maybe we'll see one on iOS at some point. Marvelous doesn't seem very interested in mobile at all, unfortunately.
Thanks for the info! I had heard something about that a while back. I think it was after they released that HM puzzle type game and then people started complaining about them not releasing a real HM game.

I must admit that I'd like to see an actual HM title on iOS myself. I have fond memories of playing the original Snes one back in the day
Old 06-16-2014, 11:57 PM

So is it basically a time management game rather than tycoon sim? Or a cross?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 AM

So I tried it, firstly the game has boarders on the sides so being a new game it's a let down not having a screen size for the 5s, also the graphics are clearly not up to iOS standard in my book they are all fuzzy and poor.

The touch controls are also awful sadly as it is not accurate to where you touch at all, I had to make do by holding down seeing where it thought I was touching and then dragging the highlighted box over to where I actually wanted to touch which makes the game a bit clunky when restocking your shop while it's open is something you need to do quickly to keep shelves full and checkout others.

Basically a time management kind of tycoon sim like I thought it would be, there are far better games out there but if they had made some effort to actually make it properly for iOS it might be worth a shot.