★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: No hope for the immediate future of Final Fantasy

12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
No hope for the immediate future of Final Fantasy

I sent an email to Square Enix asking if they had any plans on releasing a Final Fantasy Tactics or similar game onto the App Store and this is what reply I got.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We hope this letter answers your questions.

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. of Japan, has no current plans to re-release that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that SQUARE ENIX of Japan is currently focusing on numerous other projects.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Anthony P- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

Looks like ill be getting Chronicles of Inotia soon then!
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I sent an email to Square Enix asking if they had any plans on releasing a Final Fantasy Tactics or similar game onto the App Store and this is what reply I got.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We hope this letter answers your questions.

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. of Japan, has no current plans to re-release that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that SQUARE ENIX of Japan is currently focusing on numerous other projects.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Anthony P- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

Looks like ill be getting Chronicles of Inotia soon then!
I hate those types of replies. They might as well say: "We're not making it now, we're not making it later. Have a nice day." Ugh.

12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Hmmm... Maybe if more people e-mailed in we could get a different response?
You know customer service agents are, everyone is different...

Gamecenter:1337brian
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Boooooooooooooo
12-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Hmmm... Maybe if more people e-mailed in we could get a different response?
You know customer service agents are, everyone is different...
Having worked in one a long time ago, I can tell you that they mostly copy and paste a similar answer to anyone asking the same question. Don't get your hopes up too high.
12-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Start a petition for it..... eventually once they see the sales figures for apps and the potential revenue they will bring some kind of RPG for the iPhone/iTouch
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
So there are probabilities that it never will happen?
12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
They r supposedly doing crystal defenders
12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
The market isn't ready for games of that scope at the price point they're after.
12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
The market isn't ready for games of that scope at the price point they're after.
What would they be asking. If EA can release famous games under 10 bucks then surely they would get alot of money out of Final Fantasy at $9.99