★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CFresh Media LLC
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.2 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Featured in the iTunes "New and Noteworthy" section for Games!

Made it into the Top #10 Paid Word Games!

"quickly becoming my favourite puzzle/word game... A perfect combination of Strategy, Skill, Puzzle and Words make this game a really enjoyable experience." - AppDope [7.8/10]

"... a game that is easy to play but hard to beat and will have you coming back time and time again... simplistic yet fresh... Less flair, more awesome." - iPhoneAchievements.org [labeled #1 Hidden Gem 4/5 Stars]

"Rummage is a great choice... Difficult, challenging, yet easy to pick up gameplay will surely enthuse any word gamer out there." - MobileTechReview

"...a word game that seems to take the word game genre to the next level... I absolutely love the gameplay idea for this game, and its something that I havent come across yet." - No DPad

"...there are plenty of word games out there for the iPhone. If you can only pick a handful, or perhaps just one game, to download and put in your iPhone/iPod Touch, get Rummage!" - Nine Over Ten

"Rummage spells out all the right features, including OpenFeint support, deep gameplay, and enough puzzles to keep you playing for a couple weeks..." - Pocket Gamer [Bronze Award 7/10]

"Sometimes you just need a fresh idea. Rummage provides this... This game combines letter-swapping, word-spelling, board-rotation, and find-a-word to arrive at a clever take on strategy games." - DoubleTime (TouchArcade User)

Described as, arguably... "The most diabolical word game ever!"

--------------------------------------
v1.4:
* 5 more puzzles... now a total of 50!
* Bug Fix

Rummage is a new tile based word puzzle game for the casual and cerebral gamers.

It's more about strategy than vocabulary. Each puzzle has a list of anywhere from 11 to 20 words you must spell to complete the puzzle.

The scoring system is deep, but the basics are very simple... move the tiles around and spell the puzzle words. Learn how to maximize your moves to earn bonus points and spell multiple words at a time. Play for points or play for the best time. Discover hidden words that reward you bonus points, extra hints, or even a set of blank tiles.

Features:
- Simple basics, deep scoring!
- New Shake and Rotate features!
- OpenFient integration for online Leaderboards and over 30 Achievements!
- 50 Puzzles of various difficulties for hours of gameplay! Puzzles include: Count to Ten, Elements, Flowers, Shapes, Solar System, Zodiac, Sharks, Beans,Greek Gods and the Brain!
- 4 very thorough tutorials (recommended to start with!).
- Hints and Undos to aid the player.

If you find yourself getting in trouble... spell "BLANK". It's one of the several secret words!

***Notes:
If you update and experience issues when completing a puzzle (the game crashes) please delete the game and re-download it from the App Store.

I read all the reviews and feedback, so please keep it coming!

For more information about Rummage, visit www.cfreshmedia.com

cfreshmedia's comments:
Yo world... my first iPhone game just hit the App Store.

Rummage is tile based word puzzle game... kindofa marriage of Bejeweled and Scrabble, but with a deep scoring system. Its casual, but cerebral at the same time.

08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
hey put [appinfo=all] insert itunes url [ /appinfo]

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

08-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks pretty cool

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Here is the App Store link...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327186529&mt=8

Version 1.1 is in review and adds an undo move (also undo letters on blank tiles) feature.

Please enjoy.
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Rummage Lite hit the App Store this week!

If you haven't already checked out Rummage, now you can for free!
09-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfreshmedia View Post
If you haven't already checked out Rummage, now you can for free!
Thanks - I looked at the original, but i could not figure out what the game was really about. I'll try the lite and see what I think. Hopefully good things. I like word games.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Check out these Rummage videos

Rummage - Basic Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5x3EQhle8

Rummage - Count to Ten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYGrun1Vcw
10-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Finally had a chance to sit down and try this out.

The premise - You are given a list of words and must build them by swapping tiles. Each time you find a word, those tiles disappear, the remaining tiles fall to fill in any gaps and new tiles come down from the top to refill the board. Along with regular letter tiles, you also get blank wildcard tiles and gray locked tiles that can't be moved.

Pros:
-the game includes 3 excellent tutorials showing you basic, intermediate, and advanced strategies for playing the game
-you can have multiple user accounts within the game which is great if you have to share your device
-the word lists are varied in topic and word size
-OpenFeint integration and local high scores
-advanced strategies for scoring big

Cons (nothing major, just some stuff that could improve the game's flow):
-the icon is kinda meh...but I can't think of anything better
-when the game loads, you must tap to dismiss a title screen that justs says "Rummage", before you are taken to the main menu...I think it would make more sense if you just automatically took the player to the main menu
-when you click on a blank tile in spell mode, you have to click it again to bring up the keyboard so you can select a letter...if it automatically brought up the keyboard instead that would save a step
-after you complete a game, you are taken to the local high score page...starting a game from here is kinda awkward and unintuitive as you must hit "back" to go to teh main menu and then select play to choose a level...since the high score page already lists all the levels...it would be really cool if we could just double tap a level in this list we want to play and it automatically starts, instead of us having to go back to the main menu first

Question
-at one point a red tile appeared with a number on it, and the number decremented i think each time i moved tiles or matched words...not sure, but after it reached zero, I think all the tiles got destroyed and replaced...I was confused when it appeared and I thought it might be some kind of score multiplier if you could incorporate it into a word or something...if you could add that to the help section, that would be awesome...I didn't think that was in the basic tutorial, but correct me if i'm wrong

Overall, this is a very well done word game with an interesting set of tile, movement, and scoring mechanics. The high score page has a good amount of information on it including what each user scored for a particular puzzle and what your biggest scoring word was. Definitely recommended if you're looking for a cool word puzzler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.