Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Default What the heck is using up so much space?

I'm sorry to ask here, but idk where else to ask. I realized my phone has less space, like a LOT less then it should have, even with the OS. So, I check it by syncing it and some 'other' category is using up 14 GB. Yeah... 14. So I google it and try the solutions and nothing works... The only solution seems to be restoring it. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'd rather not restore it. It's a pain and takes a while.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've read that resetting the network settings sometimes fixes it.

I had the same problem few weeks ago but ended up upgrading to 7.1 and it fixed it.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Have you looked under General - Usage - and waited for the app sizes to load? I'm amazed at how big the documents & data can get to be for some apps. That probably won't account for all of it, but you may discover a culprit in there?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtime View Post
Have you looked under General - Usage - and waited for the app sizes to load? I'm amazed at how big the documents & data can get to be for some apps. That probably won't account for all of it, but you may discover a culprit in there?
Some are big... But nowhere near 14 freaking gigabytes worth.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 PM

Yeah, that is a ton and it didn't seem like it would find a culprit, but you never know. You could also try phoneclean or an app like that to get rid of extra stuff that accumulates.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtime View Post
Yeah, that is a ton and it didn't seem like it would find a culprit, but you never know. You could also try phoneclean or an app like that to get rid of extra stuff that accumulates.
Tried that... Oh it'll find what's wrong... But to delete it, you gotta pay and buy it. Also, resetting my network settings got me a whopping 1.5 gigabytes. Or somewhere around that. Thanks guys.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Its possible you may have comics, books and other document files there which usually fall under "other" since they are data files under an app.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Its possible you may have comics, books and other document files there which usually fall under "other" since they are data files under an app.
No comics, or books... But my question is, how do I get rid of it? Someone recommended resetting my network settings and that got Me back at LEAST 1.5 gigabytes.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

If you was jailbroken... iCleaner would give you back on average 1gb of free space by removing many unwanted things that start clogging up the OS. I use it once a month and I get back 600 to 1gb back in free space.

You can read more about what iCleaner actually removes... So you can try manually doing things with iFunbox if you're NOT jailbroken.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Should probably be in the lounge.

Related to this - iMessage in my iPad takes up over a freakin' gig...wtf. To be fair, I use it a lot but still.

To add on to what's been previously mentioned, apps like Facebook & Chrome can balloon in size with docs&data - delete and reinstall those to clean several hundred megabytes.