Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-18-2014, 05:01 PM

Default Godfire IAP Debate and Discussion - Can a game have IAP and still be labeled premium?

Why oh why would they make the top weapons IAP only in a $6 game? Yep, agreed on waiting for imps.....that seems shady...
Old 06-18-2014, 09:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Why oh why would they make the top weapons IAP only in a $6 game? Yep, agreed on waiting for imps.....that seems shady...
Very shady practice. I think I'll pass on this one at this point, tho did look semi tempting...
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 PM

^ please read guys.

It's coming out Thursday USA time. It's out in the NZ already because in New Zealand it's already Thursday. It'll be available at midnight in the USA.

Can't wait, game looks great. It's 6$ so I'm surprised there's iap's. There not cosmetic there actual weapons?

I seriously dislike that we suppose the devs with the 6$ and we can't obtain top items and weapons. Were not cheap and we love premium games, so we pay 6$ and get an epic 3 hour experience but can't get the full experience. Having the most powerful items & weps is part of beating the game / the experience and we can't obtain these?

Could someone explain.

Also the Titan edition comes with a poster / soundtrack & art book I believe. First time ios is selling a collectors edition. Were nice enough to support the product.

Allow us to obtain the Top Tier items please (:

I meant USA 11pm est

Last edited by Zeillusion; 06-18-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madreviewer View Post
Ds? What game are you talking about, PM me
I was worried about the combat when I saw the preview video. Why make it so slow? A fast relentless speed would have been much better. Is there any reason to make it slow motion? The same speed of GOW would have made it awesome instead of ordinary.

Once I launched the game and had a look at all the IAP I was sorry I bought it because in Australia its $8.99 and so, so many IAP's and I'm sure that you'll need thrm to enjoy the game. I feel really sorry I bought it. Would rather have paid $15 and got a full game.

All games with so many IAP's are especially dumbed down to get you to buy. Either weapons or gameplay or both are dumbed down.

I've been had for $8.99. With so, so many IAP's they should have made it freemium. I think they will eventually but want to cash in on God of War fanatics who will buy this without thinking. Like me. This is nothing but a cash cow and poker machine. Very sorry I bought it.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Overpriced considering its choc a block full of IAP's. I thought this was supposed to be premium. Didn't TA say that in a preview? There was no indication it was to be smothered with IAP.

Last edited by worldcitizen1919; 06-18-2014 at 10:42 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I made a big mistake buying this and just blew $8.99. The marketing led us to believe its a God of War ios version. Well it isn't. Only visually it looks similar. That is clever bordering on deceitful marketing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Its a cash cow. I thought it was launching as a premium only game after TA said this....

TA " Godfire will launch as a Premium game" ?????

I just bought it and its choc a block full of IAP 's. I paid A$8.99 and I still have to fork out more for a better weapon? Upgrading can cost real money too!!

Sorry I bought this. So now, to enjoy a game I paid $8.99 for I have to wait for a 'How to play Godfire without using IAP guide' from TA? Is that fair after paying $8.99? I'm p... Off completely about this. IAP's galore. What's the. $8.99 for then.

My advice wait for freemium or a huge price drop to $1.99 its a freemium game why they're charging premium for it has got my blood boiling!! I've been HAD.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
I made a big mistake buying this and just blew $8.99. The marketing led us to believe its a God of War ios version. Well it isn't. Only visually it looks similar. That is clever bordering on deceitful marketing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Its a cash cow. I thought it was launching as a premium only game after TA said this....

TA " Godfire will launch as a Premium game" ?????

I just bought it and its choc a block full of IAP 's. I paid A$8.99 and I still have to fork out more for a better weapon? Upgrading can cost real money too!!

Sorry I bought this. So now, to enjoy a game I paid $8.99 for I have to wait for a 'How to play Godfire without using IAP guide' from TA? Is that fair after paying $8.99? I'm p... Off completely about this. IAP's galore. What's the. $8.99 for then.

My advice wait for freemium or a huge price drop to $1.99 its a freemium game why they're charging premium for it has got my blood boiling!! I've been HAD.
Wow ok thanks for the imps.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

wow I was actually looking forward to this. I ran to my nearest target and picked up a 15$ App Store card but all these impressions slow gameplay short game cost 6$ plus IAP to get better weapons? wow nevermind i rather get that power puff girl game
Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Good god, 7 freaking dollars for a game that's short and has IAP's? No thanks. Thanks for posting your thoughts guys. Your sacrifice shall not be in vain
Old 06-18-2014, 11:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Good god, 7 freaking dollars for a game that's short and has IAP's? No thanks. Thanks for posting your thoughts guys. Your sacrifice shall not be in vain
I'm not defending the iAPs on a paid game or something among those lines, but why Gameloft got away with this same BS at N.O.V.A. 3 or MC4 at the exact same price point?