My first indie project!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Kaemalux, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    #1 Kaemalux, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Hello!
    I'm a newbie Unity developer, and i'm getting in touch with indie world of videogame! I have almost no experience, and when my job and my family allow me to have some spare time, i focus on my first basic project.
    It is a simple 2d rpg game, with basic graphic and turn-based battles. I'd like to show it to you, maybe in future will become something interesting to play, who knows? :)
    This is the link of the site, where you can find the demo:
    http://www.asimpleroleplayadventure.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every critic, advice, impression is very welcome, just consider i'm a newbie and this is my first experience, so don't be so cruel! :D

Have a nice day,
    Kaem

2. nickmudry

nickmudry Member

Jun 23, 2014
    This is very good for your first Unity project, however I'd suggest maybe working on a few smaller projects first before you burn yourself out on your first project.

This seems really ambitious especially since you say you have almost zero experience.

Good luck though! :)

3. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Thanks Nick! ^_^
    Maybe you are right... I'm putting myself into a thing bigger than me... The problem is i can go on only in my spare time, so this project helps me learn Unity basics with fun. I think it will not be a great game, not even a game, but maybe after it is completed i could start a new adventure with some experience! :)
    Just one little question: about the game, any simple advice? Everything is very welcome, i'm just learning as i told you!
    Thanks again, have a nice day!
    Kaem

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I tried the game and it was cool little RPG look you should be proud of. But I found there was too much go to this person, go that without any action. It also wasn't clear to me at times what my next task was so you need some sort of task log.

like "find sister and say hi" so you know what you are trying to do.

5. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Thanks James for your precious feedback!
    I admit the first part is lacking about battles/action, but i consider it like a tutorial, i do hope next part will make the player more active!
    About interactions, i added an HUD showing every time you can click on something (maybe i will hidden this on purpose on certain side events, but i'm not sure yet!)
    Thanks again, have a nice day!
    Nic

6. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Hello!
    I'm back after some work/family issues! I completed second part of the demo, if anyone wanna try it, let me know. :)

I'm adding also some screenshots to show the look of my game to people who cannot or don't want to play in on web browser. ^^

7. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    I like the art style a lot, very simple and retro-looking :)