Would you buy an iOS device just for gaming?

View Poll Results: Would you buy one just for gaming?
Yes 39 75.00%
No 13 25.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll
06-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Would you buy an iOS device just for gaming?

I recently started dipping my feet into the more serious side of the iOS gaming market on the iPhone 5 and I have been blown away by the quality of some of the titles.

Simply put, would you buy an iOS device, like an iTouch or an iPad, just to play iOS games?
06-22-2014, 05:48 PM
To be perfectly honest, gaming is the best part of iThings right now.

That said, even though I voted yes, I would not buy an iPhone/iPod touch with the sole purpose of gaming. It will never replace PC or console gaming. But the beauty of iThings is that they can do more than one thing.

The iPad is pretty much my favorite device.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

06-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Got a PS4 and a Xbox 360, but I still use my iPad for gaming quite often because there are a ton of awesome iOS games (Wayward Souls, DEVICE 6 or Neon Shadow) that deserve to be played, also I travel a lot and honestly I wouldn't travel with my PS4 on a backpack, so yes, I would buy a iDevice just for gaming
06-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Hell yes. :-)
06-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I bought a 5s for that reason. Now I'm going to have to get the 6, too.
06-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
To be perfectly honest, gaming is the best part of iThings right now.

That said, even though I voted yes, I would not buy an iPhone/iPod touch with the sole purpose of gaming. It will never replace PC or console gaming. But the beauty of iThings is that they can do more than one thing.

The iPad is pretty much my favorite device.
It is a jack of all trades, but not a master of one. The reason I won't buy an iDevice solely for gaming. But it does an overall good job.
06-22-2014, 07:13 PM
It's what I do 99% of the time and the main reason for buying the iPad. I will use it on rare occasions to scan documents, star gazing, etc. but that's just a fraction of use compared to gaming.
I've tons of games on the Touch but its become more of a pda after the purchase of the iPad but it was initially bought with gaming in mind as well.

On the flip side of things the next Touch device I purchase will become a pda mainly but will have games although not a priority. The iPad fulfills my gaming needs at this time mainly because of the convenience and larger screen.
06-22-2014, 07:55 PM
I did, I bought this ipad just for gaming.

Good games mind, stuff like KotoR, FTL, Dragon Quest VIII, Phantom Leader, Baldurs Gate etc etc, not trash like candy crush

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
06-22-2014, 08:17 PM
It's inferior in every respect besides gaming; so yes and I did.
06-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherunhinged View Post
It's inferior in every respect besides gaming; so yes and I did.
Haha iDevices aren't that bad but yeah I would buy one for gaming if I could afford it.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)