★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **Over 10 hours of gameplay!**

Classic, old-school point and click adventure!

With well over a hundred items, 80+ rooms and dozens of characters, you are in for one EPIC adventure!

Original soundtrack with 13 beautiful tracks!

A dark romantic comedy the likes of which youve never seen!

When the lustful wizard Wizardo locks the Princess away in his magic castle, only one awkward villager is brave and stupid enough to intervene! YOU: Nubbin Pureheart, full of romantic feelings and yearnings must navigate this trap laden castle, defeat a wild menagerie of monsters and rescue the one true love of your life, the lovely Princess Myrna Loo.

Heres the plan: Get the wizard to think youre applying for an apprenticeship and youll have full run of the castle while he fiddles with his evil scheme. Now all you have to do is solve the mysteries of the ancient ruins, resolve an underwater love triangle, rescue the Unicorn (or Harpy) from that macho, Latin bull and unlock a dozen or so doors! And this is all before your side quest to to meet the wizards flamboyant brother-in-law!

Make friends and avoid being eaten by the colorful cast of CastleAbra! Greaser squids, punk flies and goth ravens are just some of the jerks youll have to put up with! Youll also encounter drunken gnomes, heart-broken turtles, and lonely pirates! Who you help and who you betray will all play a part in getting you closer to your goal; a romantic date with that pretty Princess.
06-24-2014, 04:51 AM
Took a chance on this and very glad I did. It has hours of great classic-style point and click adventuring, that I could best compare to "Shadowgate" (one of my NES favorites) in its gameplay, but with a twisted fantasy sense of humor instead of a dark adventure vibe. I like how the game (much like Shadowgate) focuses on object/interaction in which you have to find items and figure out how you can use them to advance, vs the many puzzle-heavy type adventure games you find these days. I thought I'd post this very brief review because I think this game would be enjoyed by many and deserves some attention.

06-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Im not sure about the game yet but I think Ill buy it later... I was reading the devs blog
and they have a comic there.. with the story about how they made the game... I liked it, sounds real...
06-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseller1 View Post
Took a chance on this and very glad I did. It has hours of great classic-style point and click adventuring, that I could best compare to "Shadowgate" (one of my NES favorites) in its gameplay, but with a twisted fantasy sense of humor instead of a dark adventure vibe. I like how the game (much like Shadowgate) focuses on object/interaction in which you have to find items and figure out how you can use them to advance, vs the many puzzle-heavy type adventure games you find these days. I thought I'd post this very brief review because I think this game would be enjoyed by many and deserves some attention.
Hi (Developer here). I'm glad you picked up on the Shadowgate influence. It's my favorite adventure game and CastleAbra is my tribute to it.
06-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardo View Post
Hi (Developer here). I'm glad you picked up on the Shadowgate influence. It's my favorite adventure game and CastleAbra is my tribute to it.
Ah, that makes sense - you definitely nailed it, and I hope you decide to make more of these games.
06-25-2014, 03:38 AM
I'll give it a shot too. Normally I'm not into adventure games, but this looks funny enough to make an exception. Nice artstyle, looks like you nailed the comedic take on things. That's what won me over
06-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the nice words people. The iPhone version came out today. I'm happy people are enjoying the game.
06-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey guys. The game is 99 cents for a limited time!