★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Could you shoot a short youtube clip of my game? (for a promo code)

12-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Could you shoot a short youtube clip of my game? (for a promo code)

Hey,

I know this is a long shot, but I'm having big trouble in getting my hands on a video camera. You'd think anyone and their dog has them these days, but the people I know all seem to have broken theirs or own some ancient VCR stuff. So, I'd be asking anyone with a second of time on their hands and an interest to try out my game's new version to shoot a short clip of its gameplay. I'm not asking for a full review or anything like that - although that would of course be mega appreciated - just something to link to on the 'tube.

If anyone is interested in helping me out (this should take like 10 mins) please send me a PM or post something here and we'll work out the details. I've reserved five codes for this, so if you see someone has already posted, but you'd still feel like helping (or testing the game) shoot a message!

Oh and yeah, this is for the game Pajatzo. It's still hanging as the number one paid app in Finland and I just got the new version approved by Apple. It now includes touch controls as a supplement for the accelerometer based scheme. It also has some graphical enhancements.

(I'm sort of annoyed that you have to stick to one price globally. There is no point in dropping the price while it's #1 in Finland, but it's not going to sell too well with this price abroad... grml)

Anyway, hopefully someone can give me a helping hand!
Thanks,

Elias

The results thus far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZ4bdI0eec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=authC8KIsAs

www.linktoapp.com/pajatzo

Last edited by eVp; 12-17-2008 at 01:46 AM.
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I could help you, when do you need it by?

12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
I could help you, when do you need it by?
I probably should have mentioned that, good point. Sooner is always better, but this isn't urgent. Today, tomorrow.. the day after. Something like that would be awesome. Send me a pm if that sounds doable to you

Thanks
12-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I could do it...let me know

Last edited by field5; 12-15-2008 at 11:37 PM.
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Ya sure I'd love to help!!!!!
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Still a couple of codes left (and no clips yet), so feel free to redeem your copy for a video shoot. I won't bump this any more, thanks for the ones who are working on filming.
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll shoot one right now for you since you were nice enough to give me a promo from before
12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I could...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
Still a couple of codes left (and no clips yet), so feel free to redeem your copy for a video shoot. I won't bump this any more, thanks for the ones who are working on filming.
im in the uk erm i dont mean to be rude to the people above me after all im fairly new to posting things but why dont you hand out codes to people with a lot of posts or joined the forums a while ago? in fact all devs should do this..

EDIT: yeah i think someone like VegantTnT should get codes or arn
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, where is the video at you slackers?
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Mmk, I had to learn how to use iMovie for this, haha.

I used the small setting cause that had an Iphone version available. However I'm NOT happy with how blurry it is. I'm uploading it again with the medium settings.

I used a tripod and a macro lens... You can actually read all the text perfectly on the original version. Anyone know how to get it looking better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfSDe_cJ24