Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Super Snake (by Pine Entertainment)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 30.2 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
The classic Snake is back! Come and enjoy this revival of the classic Snake game in SUPER SNAKE with completely NEW gaming experience!

WHAT MAKES IT GREAT?

* Simple control: Flick Up, Down, Left or Right anywhere on the screen to change direction.

* Collect all stars to pass an level.

* Unlock and collect power-ups for Super Snake.

. Play with Friends on Facebook and Twitter!

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 06-23-2014, 01:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Very good game!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

pretty good snake game

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-23-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 10:47 PM

The game is released in US now. Hope that you like it.

If you have feedback/questions, don't worry to ask us. We will answer them ASAP.

Last edited by Andre; 06-23-2014 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Another awesome game by Pine!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

Considering many TA players told us that the game is a bit tricky to get in cos it's challenging. We're working on some adjustments to make it more easy to play.

I hope Super Snake can have more lovers so the Snake game won't be forgotten.

Cheers,
Antony
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Played it for about a half hour. It's fun, and has a good graphic style that differentiates it from a lot of other "snake" games. Would much prefer Game Center for leaderboards rather than Facebook though. Also, it seems like you have to continue from the level you left off on every time with no way of starting over.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hello friends at Touch Arcade.
Awesome game. Worth downloading!
Following is my review that I put in the upcoming games section. Posting here since I know a lot of you don't go in that section.
Have fun!

I like the new take on the snake game genre.
It has a fun and colorful, futuristic feel.
Having power ups is a nice addition.
I personally like the game.
Having different levels keeps the game interesting and unknown.
It took me a minute to figure out the controls, but they are easy enough.
It is very creative having each piece of the snake being a life and each block that he runs into, becomes a loss of a life.
Knowing this becomes a part of the strategy in the game. At times I would decide if it was worth losing a life by going through 1 block to have that extra opening that I could go through again later.
Like the old snake game, this one has 'baddies' that you are not supposed to run into. And; they've got spikes! You also can not run into the walls.
But seriously, once you play, you quickly realize that Super Snake is very different.
Game runs smooth. I didn't notice any lags or slow downs. No glitches.

Suggestions or things I would like to see:

🐍 Better explanation of rules or how to play. And; the ability to check them again during other levels.
🐍 When I first purchased a power up with coins or currency earned in the game, I was confused at first because there is a pop up that asks if I am sure that I want to do it. In fact, it has the words 'Warning, are you sure.....' This pop up looks similar to the pop up that sometimes appears in other games when confirming an in app purchase for real money. At first I hesitated, because I was worried that I was going to be charged real money. I would suggest changing the look of the pop up or instead, have a button under the power up icon for the purchase that clearly states it is for that item.
🐍 When I first started playing, I was asked to input my name. I did not put my name in the box. I ignored it. After playing some, I decided to add my name, but it will not let me do it since I skipped it before.
🐍 I would love the ability to go back and replay finished levels. Especially so I can try to beat previous scores and scores of others who have played. Also, to get more coins.
🐍 I saw face-book & twitter integration. Is there Game Center integration? If not I know a lot of people that will want this feature.
🐍 I would like to see a map at the beginning of the level just for an idea of what I am playing or where I am going. Not during the game play though because it might make it too easy.
🐍 I really would love the option of a virtual joystick. It would be nice to have the choice of playing with either a joystick, or the finger tap/swipe there is now.

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:08 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Dev:
I don't know if this was on purpose or not.
All of a sudden, I had no more green tail or lives. The snake head became bigger and invincible. I was also able to go through the walls to outside of the game. It was weird. I could move my finger around for moving the snake and it would move the screen around, but snake was invisible until I had him back in the game screen, strange.

Also, the coins I earned went from almost 20,000 down to 636. The rest of the game worked. The magnet power up would show up. I played aprox. 10 levels like this. I shut off the game, bought the power up that costs 20,000 and everything went back to normal including the amount of coins I had earned prior.

If this is a glitch, let me know and I'll send you a couple pics .

By the way: when game stuff seemed back to normal, the speed is much faster now. I don't know what level it is.

Last edited by Lavender; 06-24-2014 at 10:13 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:35 PM

@Lavender: Thanks a lot for your review. BTW, can you send the pics to us? It will help us to understand more about that glitch.

Thanks and regards,