★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Exclusive for your iPhone 3GS.
Watch out, this is a high addiction game!

iPhone 3GS only and new iPods 32 and 64GB versions only.

PRESS REVIEWS:
touchArcade.com
"The effect is actually pretty impressive when you see it live . It's like a colored-pencil drawing had come to life."

mactalk.com.au
"...a heads up to anyone who wants something unique for their 3GS."

HOW TO PLAY:
Sketch Hop is a highly addictive game where your must jump from platform to platform without ever falling.
How long will you last?

Sketch Hop is the first 3GS-exclusive game. You'll never see anything like that on an iPhone 3G.
By using revolutionary shaders, Sketch Hop looks like no other game on the iPhone and is designed only for the 3GS.

A simple tap is enough to control Sketch Hop.
This game, with its easy controls, will challenge you for hours so you can break into the top scores.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Dunno why it`s 3GS exclusive. Downloaded anyways just in case i do get my hands on a 3GS someday
====================

08-26-2009, 08:17 AM
This is from Mad Monkey Studios who are just making 3GS exclusive games. There was a post on the front page about them a while ago. Unfortunately I can't try this out because I don't have a 3GS either.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
WTF?
If you are going to make a 3d graphicly advanced game exclusively for the 3GS that is fair enough, but why is this exclusive to the 3GS?
'Revolutionary shaders' ??? They don't look too revolutionary to me.

Hakuna Matata
08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Well I`m all for 3GS enhanced games which run both on older gen hardware and have better grafix on the 3GS but 3GS exclusive is not going to work for me. I dont think I`ll ever buy 3GS only game even if I do get a 3GS, mainly coz I wont be able to share the game with the rest of my iDevices.

But things could change if only Firemint will get that 40cars demo into the real game

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-26-2009 at 08:25 AM.
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
uhhhh wat.
how this supposidly cant run on a iPhone 3g or a iPod Touch 2g i will never know, this is one of the most simplest graphics ive ever seen
08-26-2009, 08:26 AM
These are the "advanced shaders" they are talking about:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
Notice it is dev'd by mad monkey studios, who were featured on ta's homepage.
It's interesting. It's a semi-side-view scrolling jump game at a slight angle to the viewer to give some depth. The scrolling is automatic and you have to control your ball by making it jump. The longer you tap, the higher and longer the ball jumps. You have to clear variously-sized gaps and avoid falling or the game is over.

Fairly basic stuff. The sketch shading looks pretty cool, actually, but it's a gimmick here; this game seems to have been designed purely as an excuse to be able to show off 3GS features in an interactive way and give people a taste of what they can expect as far as 3GS exclusivity in the future from Mad Monkey Studios.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playn View Post
uhhhh wat.
how this supposidly cant run on a iPhone 3g or a iPod Touch 2g i will never know, this is one of the most simplest graphics ive ever seen
Well lets wait for someone who HAS a 3GS to comeup with some real impressions first. It looks too simple in the screens but who knows what tricks it has up its sleeve once you fire it up on a 3GS. Anyone going TOFTT here. Come on, this one is even free. TOFTT now

EDIT: That video does look interesting though..
08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
thanks for bringing this game to my attention, would have overlooked it.

It's really fun, it's like bounce on + copter haha. Anyway I'm glad dev's are looking into more then just the compass feature on the 3gs for exclusive content, even though the shaders arent mindblowing (probably why its free) it is a new step for the iphone right?

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::