★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Einhander for iPhone/iPod Touch??

12-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Einhander for iPhone/iPod Touch??

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to have Einhander (which was an EPIC side-scroller futuristic shooter for the PS1) ported to iPhone? I know Square-Enix made it, and I'm very aware that they're still active today. If you don't know what Einhander is, watch a video on YouTube about it. I'm sure if this was to show up in the AppStore, many people would be pleased I know I would. In a nutshell, for those who need some kind of comparison, Einhander is like a MUCH MUCH better version of Space Deadbeef. I'm thinking of emailing Square-Enix and encouraging them to port it to iPhone, however I don't think I'll get much success out of it, seeing as I'm only one person (and why the hell would they listen to me? They probably are working on some new title for the FANCY next-gen consoles... BAH...). Ah well, worth a try, no? I'll try emailing them tomorrow, and I'll get back to you guys. In the meantime, can you answer my original question; Would it be a possibility to port Einhander to the iPhone/iPod Touch?
12-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Man that would be so awesome, I have been waiting long for a good shmup to be released.

12-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
Einhander is one of the greatest games of all time. It would be a dream come true for me if it became available on the iPhone.

See this two-part video review of the Playstation original.

(Review done by Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room -- that guy is a machine -- his reviews are on target and he is hilarious -- I can't recommend his video reviews highly enough. His YouTube id: InecomCompany.)

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpea4iBU2g&fmt=18
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpHUyMN06A&fmt=18

blakespot

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, sorry to be responding so late, but I emailed the folks down at Square Enix and sadly they said that they are not looking into making an Einhander port. They also said that they aren't evening looking into the iPhone gaming department as of now... So maybe there's hope? Maybe I'm just too eager to relive the days of a simpler time hehe.
02-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZrVIN View Post
Hey guys, sorry to be responding so late, but I emailed the folks down at Square Enix and sadly they said that they are not looking into making an Einhander port. They also said that they aren't evening looking into the iPhone gaming department as of now... So maybe there's hope? Maybe I'm just too eager to relive the days of a simpler time hehe.
What about Crystal Defenders?
02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Crystal defenders isn't really in the same ball park as einhander. I was just thinking this the other day and was looking through old screen shots, the whole weapon system was just really awesome. You know I may still have the old demo version of this game from the old playstation magazine days
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le'deuche123 View Post
Crystal defenders isn't really in the same ball park as einhander. I was just thinking this the other day and was looking through old screen shots, the whole weapon system was just really awesome. You know I may still have the old demo version of this game from the old playstation magazine days
He's talking about the fact that they said they aren't looking into iPhone gaming when they already have a game out(CrystalDefenders).

I think they're saying at this moment they are not looking at iPhone gaming, but then again....

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.
02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
That video Blake posted was awesome, game looks real sick

Too bad it would probably never see the light of day on the iPhone

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
That was just ported from the original made for Japanese mobile phones, it wasn't anything drastic they had to work on.

Einhander would need to be completely rebuilt for the iDevice if they were to bring it over.

Would love to see something as good as Einhander for the iDevice, it's easily one of my favorite PSX games.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 02-22-2009 at 09:09 PM.
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
That was just ported from the original made for Japanese mobile phones, it wasn't anything drastic they had to work on.

Einhander would need to be completely rebuilt for the iDevice if they were to bring it over.

Would love to see something as good as Einhander for the iDevice, it's easily one of my favorite PSX games.
It will NEVER happen...I've come to this realization.