Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2014, 05:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Oscura Second Shadow (by Surprise Attack Games)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 51.9 MB.

Price in NZ is $3.79 which should translate to USD $2.99.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Classic platforming meets modern design in a game built and optimised for touch controls.

The Driftlands are a gothic and frightening place at the best of times….And this is not the best of times. The Aurora stone has been stolen from the great Lighthouse by an unknown and shadowy creature. Without its light, the Driftlands will be destroyed.

Enter Oscura our highly unlikely hero. He is the keeper of the lighthouse, and possesses a mysterious eternally glowing hand. Oscura must travel the lands and gather the shards to restore the Aurora stone - before it is too late and darkness befalls on the whole universe.

CLASSIC PLATFORMING MEETS MODERN DESIGN
Inspired by early platformers from the 1990’s, Oscura delivers a stripped down platforming experience through the filter of modern game and art design.

BUILT FOR TOUCH
Built for touch devices from the ground up, Oscura: Second Shadow is optimised and designed around the capabilities and limitations of touch to ensure that the controls are never at fault.

DARK FAIRYTALE WORLD
Dive into the world of the Driftlands, where engineering meets nature and strange creatures stalk. With the Aurora stone shattered, Oscura’s glowing hand and the shards of the stone are the only light sources, creating a stark and beautiful silhouette art style.

HAUNTINGLY STYLIZED LEVELS
Journey through 20 challenging levels, each crafted by hand rather than using tile-sets.

AN UNLIKELY HERO
Slight of frame and without any weaponry or brute force, Oscura must rely on his wits and reflexes to avoid foes and hazards alike. He’s no hero, just doing his job.

CHALLENGES TO KEEP YOU COMING BACK
Completing levels is one thing, collecting all four stars for each level is quite another. Replay levels to perfect your run and beat the goals for time, collecting cogs, shards and getting through without dying.

Oscura: Second Shadow is a Universal App and is compatible with iPod 4, iPod 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina.

iOS 5.11 or later OS version is required.

Oscura: Second Shadow from Creator Ole Alfheim is a game by the Chocolate Liberation Front and is proudly presented by Surprise Attack Games - Remarkable Games from Independent Creators

Visit our site - http://surpriseattackgames.com
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/supattackgames or http://twitter.com/oscuragame
Find us on facebook at http://facebook.com/surpriseattack or http://facebook.com/oscuragame

Email us with questions, support queries or ideas at support@surpriseattackgames.com

iPhone Screenshots:

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-25-2014 at 05:33 AM..
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

waiting for this!!!

The Gameplay:

Last edited by redribbon; 06-25-2014 at 01:26 PM..
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I got this one! Pretty good game

Old 06-25-2014, 05:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Is it just me, or does that app icon seem familiar?

Anyway, a '90s inspired platformer made for iOS...has potential to be enjoyable...I'll keep an eye on this for now
Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 AM

Not sure about this one, the first one was already not really polished and only afterwards turned into something playable after the Developer decided to patch it after some delay

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-25-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:47 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
Is it just me, or does that app icon seem familiar?
You may be thinking of the first game, named simply: Oscura, which has a very similar icon.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The first one was overlooked by me and later i got it for free. I pretty much enjoyed it. Today i'm aware of this sequel and will support the Devs with the full price, no doubt.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I got a code for this a little while ago and really enjoyed what I played of it.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I got a code for this a little while ago and really enjoyed what I played of it.
Well these early promo codes work then as people really help give a helpful description of what the games like to others
Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
You may be thinking of the first game, named simply: Oscura, which has a very similar icon.
Yeah...this game has a completely different seller, so I couldn't check the sellers past apps to see this