★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

More Classics

08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
More Classics

Call me old skool but I like the classic games
that I grew up with to come to the iPhone.
It's awesome that Q-Bert and a few of the
PAC-MAN games came out. But it would be nice to see other
easily portable games such as pitfall, tunnel runner, and why oh why won't nintendo get off their high horse and release some games. If they
can make RE4, Wolfenstein, and Need for Speed then they should be
more than able to release some of the older games as well, should be more
than simple. I can't be the only one who would like to see them arrive.
Frogger could of been done better though. Still nice to have.
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Call me old skool but I like the classic games
that I grew up with to come to the iPhone.
It's awesome that Q-Bert and a few of the
PAC-MAN games came out. But it would be nice to see other
easily portable games such as pitfall, tunnel runner, and why oh why won't nintendo get off their high horse and release some games. If they
can make RE4, Wolfenstein, and Need for Speed then they should be
more than able to release some of the older games as well, should be more
than simple. I can't be the only one who would like to see them arrive.
Frogger could of been done better though. Still nice to have.
You seriously don't see why Nintendo don't release software for the iDevices? Nintendo's sole business is to sell video games and video game hardware. The model is to sell hardware, and make profits off their own software and royalties off third-party publishers and developers on their hardware.

To sell their games on another device would be to undermine their whole model, and thus their whole business. Their exclusives are what drives their sales of hardware, and thus the flocking of developers, and thus more profit.
Sales on another device is sure to make money, but not as much as they will be inclined to lose indirectly from their core business.

08-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
You seriously don't see why Nintendo don't release software for the iDevices? Nintendo's sole business is to sell video games and video game hardware. The model is to sell hardware, and make profits off their own software and royalties off third-party publishers and developers on their hardware.

To sell their games on another device would be to undermine their whole model, and thus their whole business. Their exclusives are what drives their sales of hardware, and thus the flocking of developers, and thus more profit.
Sales on another device is sure to make money, but not as much as they will be inclined to lose indirectly from their core business.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
These forums make me bleed anally.
09-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Wasn't saying strictly Nintendo games, that's my own thing but I know about the "buyers market" so I see why they don't. Doesn't make it any less lame though.

Thanks for answering though.

Thank you and have a nice day. TR

Using: iPhone 3GS Black 16G
Fav5 - NBA Live, Pac-man CE, Real Racing, Cocoto Kart online and Q-bert.
09-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Run! has an old school pitfall type feel.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
09-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't understand why anyone would want to emulate a far inferior and outdated machine on the iPhone which is clearly capable of much better.