Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2014, 06:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Bowl Faster (by Jared Bailey)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-25-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Okay,this is a simple but impossible game
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 AM

From the Guy that brought us Cubed Rally Racer. Interesting
Old 06-26-2014, 09:46 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Pretty fun game. Good pick up and play game. I Scored a 290.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Pretty fun game. Good pick up and play game. I Scored a 290.
Thanks!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:11 PM

Yay! I love bowling games! I'm already a big fan of Jared's other games so I grabbed this first thing. I didn't think I would like the tilt controls, but they work great. So yeah, this game gets 5 stars from me. It's true - bowling is now a lot faster 👍
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM
iPad Air

Default Fun for a few minutes, but becomes much too easy

I was enjoying this game until I found a ball release spot on the foul line that usually results in strikes, and now I get a perfect 300 score almost every time I play. The graphics are nice, the pin physics are pretty good, and I like the fast-play concept, but this game would benefit enormously if the developer were to introduce an element of unpredictability that would not enable players to get strikes every time by using the same release point.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
this game would benefit enormously if the developer were to introduce an element of unpredictability that would not enable players to get strikes every time by using the same release point.
It's a good suggestion. I actually tried some random ball drift, but I found that I could easily compensate. Maybe if the lane was longer it would've worked.

All the physics and dimensions, except the lane length, are based on real bowling equipment and I could have messed with that, but It's a casual game so I decided not to pursue it any further. You can always challenge yourself to get a 300 NOT using your secret spot. It may not show on the leaderboard, but you'll know what's up!
Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocanwin View Post
It's a good suggestion. I actually tried some random ball drift, but I found that I could easily compensate. Maybe if the lane was longer it would've worked.

All the physics and dimensions, except the lane length, are based on real bowling equipment and I could have messed with that, but It's a casual game so I decided not to pursue it any further. You can always challenge yourself to get a 300 NOT using your secret spot. It may not show on the leaderboard, but you'll know what's up!
Another approach that might address the issue I raised is to have two or three levels of difficulty based on shortened intervals between balls (if you were to do this, I don't think it would necessary to show scoring for each frame, only for the final score). It would be interesting to include a frenzy mode where it would be almost impossible for players to reset to their favorite release point on the foul line, and you could track scores for each of the difficulty levels. The increasing challenges would make me want to keep playing your game despite having discovered the optimal release point for a perfect game score.