06-25-2014, 08:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
The Sonnets: Confounded - (by Christopher Gross)
Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/lovers-complaint-confounded/id873636936
Price: $2.59 (US $1.99)
Download Size: 0.6 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
A game based on the text of William Shakespeare’s Sonnets.
- The words of each line appear correctly ordered in time, but scrambled in space.
- Touch the words in the proper order: your reward is the next line.
- If you touch a word wrongly, the line repeats.
- Three mistakes, and you need to start again.
- Shake to abandon the game and return to the main menu.
- Tune the speed to your mood.
- Experts can select the “no hint” game option: the words appear all at once.
- Select “watch” to read without playing: learn the poems, or simply bask.
SAMPLE: Download the free “Confounded: A Lover’s Complaint” for a sample of Sonnet 18.
Why is my verse so barren of new pride,
So far from variation or quick change?
Why with the time do I not glance aside
To new-found methods, and to compounds strange?
Why write I still all one, ever the same,
And keep invention in a noted weed,
That every word doth almost tell my name,
Showing their birth, and where they did proceed?
O know sweet love I always write of you,
And you and love are still my argument;
So all my best is dressing old words new,
Spending again what is already spent:
For as the sun is daily new and old,
So is my love still telling what is told.