★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trism revisit

08-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Trism revisit

I am playing infinitism, and I am at a point where I am not really getting high scores but each game could last me forever if I really wanted it to. I've been playing my current game for well over a week with no sign of being close to losing. I am starting to think my strategy is more about survival then points.

The crazy thing is that one game I played for about half hour and had over 25 million from one crazy awesome (an accidental) chain reaction. This current game I am barely over 36 million after playing it for what now seems like a lifetime.

Anyone have some good strategies for getting points? I am not in starshine mode as I am too lazy to figure it out.

MAX 3D Artist in Training
08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
I am playing infinitism, and I am at a point where I am not really getting high scores but each game could last me forever if I really wanted it to. I've been playing my current game for well over a week with no sign of being close to losing. I am starting to think my strategy is more about survival then points.

The crazy thing is that one game I played for about half hour and had over 25 million from one crazy awesome (an accidental) chain reaction. This current game I am barely over 36 million after playing it for what now seems like a lifetime.

Anyone have some good strategies for getting points? I am not in starshine mode as I am too lazy to figure it out.
That's the way though - Starshine mode. You just have to link up 6 Rainbow Trisms and you get like 100 million points. I always lacked patience to set it up though. The thing is, some bombs can't be diffused towards the end, as you said you're playing survival rather than points. In starshine mode (ask Zincous the moderator actually, he's world champion) you get to a trillion something points before level 10.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee

08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
That's the way though - Starshine mode. You just have to link up 6 Rainbow Trisms and you get like 100 million points. I always lacked patience to set it up though. The thing is, some bombs can't be diffused towards the end, as you said you're playing survival rather than points. In starshine mode (ask Zincous the moderator actually, he's world champion) you get to a trillion something points before level 10.
Haha my score was beat recently

My game right now is at 14.5 trillion on level 7 though , but I haven't played it in like 3 months.

And OP, for a normal mode strategy your going to want to do "holed eclipses" to get the most points in combos in normal mode

We call them "holed eclipses" basically, you line up three rainbow around a gap in an eclipse shape. Then make a match with a different rainbow and after the holes get filled in with a certain color, which will form an eclipse continuing of the chain. This now puts your starting value of the eclipse higher because of the multiplier effect and the chain exponentially will be bigger for after the boards clears and continues. I know that really helps players in normal mode infinism.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by Zincous; 08-26-2009 at 10:03 PM.
08-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Haha my score was beat recently

My game right now is at 14.5 trillion on level 7 though , but I haven't played it in like 3 months.

And OP, for a normal mode strategy your going to want to do "holed eclipses" to get the most points in combos in normal mode
Zincous, I have been meaning to ask you this question for a long time. How long did it take you to get that score?

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Zincous, I have been meaning to ask you this question for a long time. How long did it take you to get that score?
Which one? 14.5 by level 7? Back in the day, about 2 days of playing on and off for a few hours.
08-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Which one? 14.5 by level 7? Back in the day, about 2 days of playing on and off for a few hours.
Yeah! Wow, you must be really smart. Trism is always a good challenging puzzle game for me but I always get stuck at some spots and can't figure it out. It's a great game though.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Yeah! Wow, you must be really smart. Trism is always a good challenging puzzle game for me but I always get stuck at some spots and can't figure it out. It's a great game though.
Yeah it is. Here some pictures to look at in awe lol

(That's actually level 6, but the gravity is upside down so the level looks like 9, you can see that by the rest of my score is upside down too)
08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Yeah it is. Here some pictures to look at in awe lol

(That's actually level 6, but the gravity is upside down so the level looks like 9, you can see that by the rest of my score is upside down too)
Holy Crap.

Quote:
Quote:
08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Holy Crap.
Lol....yeah I haven't played recently at all though. I've been into openfeint achievements nowadays.
08-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm done with openfeint stuff, the interface looks awful to me =P

The guys behind it need to join up with ngmoco to expand plus+

back