★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Blackish
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.0 MB
  • Version: 1.6.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Age of Curling is the best curling app for the iPhone. If youre a fan of curling youll love this game" - iphoneincanada.ca

*** For a video visit the BLACKISH link below! ***

Age of Curling brings the world-famous sport to your iPhone! Throw, curl and sweep in gorgeous realtime 3D graphics using intuitive touch controls.

Age of Curling takes you through different epochs and places. Venues range from an 18th century castle moat to a modern stadium. No matter if you play a quick game or a full match, strategic challenges and competitive fun are guaranteed!

Play against the computer!
Player -vs- Player
Play Tournaments with up to 8 Nations! (New!)
5 Venues
Superb realtime 3D graphics
Realtime physics (Improved!)
Realistic collision sounds (New!)
Intuitive touch-controls
AutoSaves at the beginning of each round
InGame-Guide explaining rules and controls

The basic rules of Curling:
get your stones closer to the center than the closest stone of the opponent
only stones inside the "house" (the circles) count at the end of a round
only the team with the stone closest to the center scores
1 point for each stone that is closer to the center than the closest stone of the opponent

pluto6's comments:
Did a search and did not see it, lookslike it could be an interesting game, although came out quite a while ago. Had a pretty significant price drop down to $2.99 and not sure if anyone would be interested.

There is a video of the game play which looks pretty good at the website

Blackish Web Site
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
does it have BT or wifi multiplayer ?

08-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
does it have BT or wifi multiplayer ?
Don't know - I just saw it, and really have no information about it. The video looked pretty good as far as the physics go though. I am not a curling fan, otherwise I would TOFTT... But I thought there might be interest for other people... Original price was $5.99 and that probably threw anyone interested off...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I bought this a long time ago.

I can tell you that it has a permanent spot on my ipod.
It's a great game and the developer is very friendly and helpful.

The only issue I always had with it was the lack of sound (there was very little sound added)

I recommend it!
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah I got this game a while ago too. It ain't bad. I don't play it much but I did put in a couple hours when I first got it. Maybe I'll get back to playing it sometime. If you like shuffleboard type games and have an extra $3 in your account then try it out.
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
screens look really awesome ( especially the second one ) but im not really a curling fan...
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi all,

I thought I'd take this opportunity to finally make my first post here... :)

cranker: There's currently no wifi or bluetooth multiplayer, only PvP with all players on one device and Singleplayer PvAI.

The Venice Trailer shows the new venue that will come in v1.3 (currently in review). After a bit of a break over the summer we'll now try to get back into releasing new content more frequently!

I hope you all enjoy the game!

PS: What's been keeping us busy: http://col000r.blogspot.com/2009/05/next-game.html
08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by col000r View Post
Hi all,

I thought I'd take this opportunity to finally make my first post here...

cranker: There's currently no wifi or bluetooth multiplayer, only PvP with all players on one device and Singleplayer PvAI.

The Venice Trailer shows the new venue that will come in v1.3 (currently in review). After a bit of a break over the summer we'll now try to get back into releasing new content more frequently!

PS: What's been keeping us busy: http://col000r.blogspot.com/2009/05/next-game.html
Welcome - I saw this game and thought that there could be some interest here. Seems to be very well designed, and with good physics models. With the dev on scene there also seems to be increased interest in things.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by col000r View Post
Hi all,

I thought I'd take this opportunity to finally make my first post here...

Hey col000r

How have you been?

This is Scott (colorsound)
Remember, we used to be in contact by email a lot?

I am so happy to see you guys have a new venue coming out (Venice)

It looks great. I hope to see more.

I am still working on my own developing. Slow go!

Anyhow, So great to see Age of Curling is still alive!

To everyone else, I am not a huge Curling fan, either. I don't follow it, heck, I don't even know the exact rules.
BUT, I do love Age of Curling. Sometimes I can really love games for a sport I never follow.

I play many Basketball, Football, Baseball, Tennis, and Racing games...and I don't follow any of those sports!
But I love the games!
Golf is the one exception that I play both Games and Real Life.

Out of over 700 games purchased so far, I still highly recommend Age of Curling.