★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Inherit the Earth - Graphical Adventure Game $1.99

08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Inherit the Earth - Graphical Adventure Game $1.99

This one looks pretty nice.

The famous adventure game from 1994 returns in this special edition for the iPhone and iPod touch.

Inherit the Earth is a graphical point-and-click adventure game. It is loved worldwide and gathered many fans during the years.

The Story

In a far future, mankind is extinct and Earth is populated by several tribes of speaking, human-like animals, living in a medieval world.

Rif of the Fox Tribe has traveled far from home with his companion Rhene to compete in a puzzle contest. The night before the contest someone steals the wondrous Orb of Storms, an ancient relic of the Humans, and Rif is accused of being the thief.
Rif is able to convince his accusers to give him a chance to find the real thief and recover the Orb. Two warriors are assigned to assist and guard Rif in his quest, Eeah of the Elk Tribe and Okk of the Boar Tribe. In addition Rhene is held hostage by the Boar King to ensure Rif does not try to escape.

Your goal is to guide Rif on his adventure, find clues to locate the real thief, and solve challenges along the way. You can have Rif talk to Okk, Eeah, and other Morph characters that are encountered during Rif's travels. Rif can pick-up items he finds and give these items to others. Some will only trade information for precious items, although what a Morph considers precious can vary greatly.
With your help, Rif will be able to clear his good name and rescue his beloved!

Features

•A novel Touch Controls Mode, designed and highly optimized for touch screens.
•Includes the acclaimed ScummVM project.
•Currently available in English and will soon be available in German.
•Full voice acting in English and German Editions.
•Numerous locations to visit, including:
The Ferret Village, The Sanctuary, Boar King's Castle, Rat Caves and Mini-Gardens.

•Dozens of interesting characters to talk and interact with, including:
The Forest King, Boars, Elks, Rats, Rams, Bears and The Beautiful Rhene.

•Thousands lines of funny dialogue.

iTunes Link Inherit the Earth

Video of the game available at the Website - iPhSoft Web Link
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ite-1.png
Views:	9
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	6959   Click image for larger version

Name:	ite-2.png
Views:	7
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	6960   Click image for larger version

Name:	ite-3.png
Views:	8
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	6961  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ite-4.png
Views:	4
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	6962   Click image for larger version

Name:	ite-5.png
Views:	5
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	6963  

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 08-26-2009 at 05:18 PM.
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Youtube Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
looks a bit childish ( imo )
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
at least its got music
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Just because it has animals for main characters it's childish? Hardly. I've never actually gotten around to picking this one up, so I may finally do so.

As a sidenote, I wonder if the scummvm project receives any of that money as their engine is the basis to run these games. Still great to legally obtain such classics for so little. Apparently, you can extract the actual gamefiles with scummvm on your computer. Quite cool. I should try that sometime.
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mumbles View Post
Just because it has animals for main characters it's childish? Hardly. I've never actually gotten around to picking this one up, so I may finally do so.

As a sidenote, I wonder if the scummvm project receives any of that money as their engine is the basis to run these games. Still great to legally obtain such classics for so little. Apparently, you can extract the actual gamefiles with scummvm on your computer. Quite cool. I should try that sometime.
The problem is that many of the posters were either not born, still in diapers, or toddlers when this came out. The games in the mid 90s were much different then they are now, and emphasis then was on humor, good musical scoring, and reasonable dialog. Almost nothing had zombies in it... It's a wonder we made it through those times...

08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I remember to played this game on my Pentium 166MHz Windows machine.

I liked the story and the puzzles as well as the overall atmosphere. It's not childish.

plus+ account: Archon
08-27-2009, 06:11 AM
EDIT: nvm

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-27-2009 at 08:43 AM.
08-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Just bought this. I remember playing it on my p100 back in the day. Top quality voice acting and well written script make this game still appealing.

Rozzie
08-27-2009, 03:13 PM
ah nice another graphic adventure game.....
sounds like im going to have to give this one a try to
man my iphone is gonna be so packed lol