Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-29-2014, 03:59 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

Default Your Most Wanted Features?: Battleheart Legacy

BHL is by far my favorite iOS-exclusive RPG, so I've decided to leave a little feedback Here are some features that I believe will make the game better, despite how great it is already.

A noticeable way to see if you have completed all of the locations/quest in an area. As of now the only way to check if you've completed an area is to walk to it and see if there is a check mark next to its name. I think it would be neat to make the white circle into green once you've completed all of the areas in that one location.

Battlemage buff. When I did a play through with the battlemage, it just seemed underpowered. It felt as if the spells didn't have too much of a kick to them, compared to other classes

Coliseum leaderboards. Just a feature I think is missing. Makes it easier to brag about our scores

Skipping the final boss's dialogue. The final boss aint easy when facing him for the first few times. It gets irritating having to tap through the dialogue every single time you go to the boss.

The ability to change your characters name and/or a subtitle. I have multiple characters, and it gets a little confusing when trying to remember which is which. It would be nice to be able to change their names' or give them a subtitle such as "mage" or "rogue".

Large high level dungeons that feature a boss fight. And when you defeat the boss he'll drop a chest that has a percentage of dropping new tier 2 legendary gear?

More missions/quests. I really enjoyed the missions in this game. The missions hardly felt repetitive, they were fun, and you could interact with it by allowing us to choose multiple dialogue options. Some areas in the game felt as if they were missing quests though.

Bounties mechanic. It was a cool way to introduce the battlemage, but it could also be a cool mechanic! Maybe every few in game hours a bounty will appear in the office. Then it'll assign you a quest to kill a small boss. You'll either be assigned to check out a location or you'll be assigned to find him yourself, making it your next random encounter. You'll then be awarded with gold or exp. The more bounties you do, the higher level the mobs/boss in the location will become. They'll also cycle randomly, making infinite bounties.

Just some ideas I've gathered myself and from the BHL thread as well. Please feel free to leave a post on what you think should be added. This could include nerfs, content, bug fixes, weaponry, or small/large tweaks.

Note: I am not a dev or I'm not in any associated with the development of BHL, I'm just a fan

Last edited by oscar123967; 06-29-2014 at 08:29 PM..
Old 06-29-2014, 04:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow... I admire your passion in the game, and i think the suggestions you made can definiteyl improve BHL a lot. I just dont think it needs its own thread though.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow... I admire your passion in the game, and i think the suggestions you made can definiteyl improve BHL a lot. I just dont think it needs its own thread though.
Its just a way to share ideas in a more centralized area
Old 06-29-2014, 05:03 PM

* New content! Anything, from items to quests to new maps.

* The above idea of a quest tracker. The site marker turning green would be a very elegant solution (more so than a quest log).

* More content, more content, <ad infinitum>
Old 06-29-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
BHL is by far my favorite iOS-exclusive RPG's, so I've decided to leave a little feedback Here are some features that I believe will make the game better, despite how great it is already.

A noticeable way to see if you have completed all of the locations/quest in an area. As of now the only way to check if you've completed an area is to walk to it and see if there is a check mark next to its name. I think it would be neat to make the white circle into green once you've completed all of the set of areas in that one location.

Battlemage buff. When I did a play through with the battlemage, it just seem underpowered. It felt as if the spells didn't have too much of a kick to them, compared to other classes

Coliseum leaderboards. Just a feature I think is missing. Makes it easier to brag about our scores

Skipping the final boss's dialogue. The final boss aint easy when facing him for the first few times. It gets irritating having to tap through the dialogue every single time you go to the boss.

The ability to change your characters name and/or a subtitle. I have multiple characters, and it gets a little confusing when trying to remember which is which. It would be nice to be able to change their name's or give them a subtitle such as "mage" or "rogue".

Large high level dungeons that feature a boss fight. And when you defeat the boss he'll drop a chest that has a percentage of dropping new tier 2 legendary gear?

More missions/quests. I really enjoyed the missions in this game. The missions hardly felt repetitive, they were fun, and you could interact with it by allowing us to choose multiple dialogue options. Some areas in the game felt as if they were missing quests though.

Bounties mechanic. It was a cool way to introduce the battlemage, but it could also be a cool mechanic! Maybe every few in game hours a bounty will appear in the office. Then it'll assign you a quest to kill a small boss. You'll either be assigned to check out a location or you'll be assigned to find him yourself, making it your next random encounter. You'll then be awarded with gold or exp. The more bounties you do, the higher level the mobs/boss in the location will become. They'll also cycle randomly, making infinite bounties.

Just some ideas I've gathered myself and from the BHL thread as well. Please feel free to leave a post on what you think should be added. This could include nerfs, content, bug fixes, weaponry, or small/large tweaks.
I whole heartedly agree with this being a great game!!
Personally i would like to see some increases in some classes too. The Battlemage, Barbarian, Ranger and Witch, Necro all suffer from low damage output from their ults. Why doesnt Quake have knockdown?!?! Ranger definintely needs a rain of arrows aoe. An acid cloud for witch. Necro needs a high lvl summon to go with mummy.
Really i just want to see more skills (2-3 per class) so more options can be explored.
And a high lvl arena!
As for questing content, a new continent. probably upto lvl 60+req. and gear to go with of course
A Great Game thanks Mika
Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Great post, dude. Battleheart would be way better if they added this stuff.

I'd add some kind of quest log thing to see what is available for your level. It's kind of annoying sometimes when you're in between levels hunting around the whole world map to find the area that's appropriate to your level.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:48 PM

Excuse me for the crappy grammar in my post dudes! Made this late last night lol. Fixed it all, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4Rnage View Post
I whole heartedly agree with this being a great game!!
Personally i would like to see some increases in some classes too. The Battlemage, Barbarian, Ranger and Witch, Necro all suffer from low damage output from their ults. Why doesnt Quake have knockdown?!?! Ranger definintely needs a rain of arrows aoe. An acid cloud for witch. Necro needs a high lvl summon to go with mummy.
Really i just want to see more skills (2-3 per class) so more options can be explored.
And a high lvl arena!
As for questing content, a new continent. probably upto lvl 60+req. and gear to go with of course
A Great Game thanks Mika
Yeah I've played around with the battlemage and necro/witch hybrid and they do seem a little low on the dps side. I had to be a higher level than usual to beat the game. I haven't made my way to the ranger/hunter yet, but it is a little surprising that it the ranger does not have a raining arrow-aoe type spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtesting View Post
* New content! Anything, from items to quests to new maps.

* The above idea of a quest tracker. The site marker turning green would be a very elegant solution (more so than a quest log).

* More content, more content, <ad infinitum>
New content will always be awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Great post, dude. Battleheart would be way better if they added this stuff.

I'd add some kind of quest log thing to see what is available for your level. It's kind of annoying sometimes when you're in between levels hunting around the whole world map to find the area that's appropriate to your level.
Thanks Eli, means a lot coming from you I think the quest log is a great idea. I usually take a day or two break when playing iOS games, so it does get a little confusing when I jump back in. I end up not remembering what I was last doing, making me wander about to figure out what to do. My memory isn't to great

I've been working on a map to identify the level ranges in the BHL world for people who are new to the game. I've been tossing it over my shoulder lately, due to being busy and of course lazy I think I'll go ahead and finish it today or tomorrow though

Last edited by oscar123967; 06-29-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 AM

There is already a great level by level walk through as well a map with all of the dungeon levels indicated. I can post the links if people want me to.

I would love to see a golem added to the necros arsenal of summons something similar to diablo 2 blood golem with life leech perhaps. My favorite pet of all time is still world of Warcraft warlock sucubus summons. Aside from being hot she also had a charm ability.

The quest log issue really needs to be addressed badly. There is a kind of lull in the game around level 12-13 where you are just not sure where to go or what to do and some people have mentioned losing interest around that point so it needs to be addressed. Ideally you'd be able to click a dungeon on the map and see its level and then click again to move there the way it worked in the first battleheart
Old 06-30-2014, 03:36 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quest log and multiplayer online
Old 06-30-2014, 04:48 AM

2 more skill and passive slots.