Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Zombie Z (by Pine Entertainment)

Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

seems an okay one. will try it out
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Pine makes fantastic games, will pick this up for sure.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

to be honest, they should concentrate on creating one really good game instead of releasing 5 average games. There's potential in all of their games but in this one jumping feels not good, the gameplay is boring and the upgrades are too expensive. And no game center in an endless runner. Deleted
Old 06-30-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
to be honest, they should concentrate on creating one really good game instead of releasing 5 average games.
This. I can`t repeat myself enough about how some Publisher/Developer believe that producing average Game... often one each quarter will kinda make them survive after all.

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-01-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 12:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
This. I can`t repeat myself enough about how some Publisher/Developer believe that producing average Game... often one each quarter will kinda make them survive after all.
Their smaller games are free and probably draw attention to their super popular Pocket Army which I am guessing is a money maker. I can't play this until tonight but I have enjoyed all of their smaller release and Pocket Army is in my top 10 all time iOS games.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Their smaller games are free and probably draw attention to their super popular Pocket Army which I am guessing is a money maker. I can't play this until tonight but I have enjoyed all of their smaller release and Pocket Army is in my top 10 all time iOS games.
I was talking in general about some Developers/Publisher and how they changed in the past while some of the biggest Publisher for Mobile did exactly the opposite by releasing 2013/2014 far less Games and instead keep their older Games fresh with new Content.

I am not saying that Pine had done something wrong in the past but it`s sometimes better to return to your other Games instead of trying to release each month a new Game and abandoning your older Games.

Hell even the Flappy Bird Developer did brought some Updates for his older Games out before he started to developer a new Title before he had landed his One Hit Wonder and got overrun by his succes.

Often it`s better to look back and try to see of something can be changed or tuned before turning to something completely new.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:16 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Often it`s better to look back and try to see of something can be changed or tuned before turning to something completely new.
Agreed. while this happened to be the free version of their paid game: pocket avenger?

The Gameplay:

Last edited by redribbon; 07-01-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

Hello,

Let's me defense myself a little bit on the release of Zombie Z. Thanks BazokaTime for supporting and sharing your understanding for indie developer like us.

It's not that we stop supporting or doing the old titles. In fact, we're building an special game (the biggest project of the year) and it's the key game of Pine Entertainment in 2014.

In the 2013, we experienced a bad move in our production with 2 12-months titles (Pocket Avenger & Pocket Video Poker, in the end, Pocket Avenger is not somethine should work as FREEMIUM model, Apple ignores it and we have no users so far, then same thing with Pocket Video Poker but we still try to stop the game and rework it alot to relaunch Video Poker: World Tournament but Apple still ignore it until now).

That is mostly the reason why we changed a bit our strategy of this year. Which are:

- Still working on great game for awesome gamers (Another project which is Pocket Warrior)

- Doing some casual game, mainly high-score base to understand more the market (as we're still a very young studio with even 9x peoples in here).

- Beside that, we believe that people also needs quick game to fill their time so we're just doing what we think right.

- With more casual game, we actually has more people come and download our game then know about the "Pine Entertainment" which was mostly zero in the past year. That's a good sign for us. So when we launch our big game in the upcoming months, we can have some lovers waiting for what we're doing.

Regarding our recent casual games, those are only created by young people with game developerment passion in their heart, they may be bad at some first project, but with your help, your feedback, your negative talk, they will learn and will try to have the better thing in their future game, which is also a good sign of us as well.

We're in Vietnam Developer, which is so far, there's no school for making game around our country. Our governerment also doesn't want to allow creation game as well but we're still trying to join this world simple because we love it.

We're not a greedy indie (even we don't making money much), our recent games has iAP on some products, but we don't force users to buy it so hard like other top chart game. Seriously, what we want in the heart is "more people playing our game".

And so far, on every single game that Pine Entertainment is released, they're only game or idea that having so much loves from Piners. We stopped so many stupid game already (even the one that very very close to the complete product)

So, if Zombie Z can make you feel fun for few minutes and make you want to try more, that's our success so far.

If you played Zombie Z and telling us that the control is not good, that's our achievement also as we're now knowing how to improve it also.

So Thank yoU! And I hope to receive more support from you guys!

Cheers!
Antony
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

I agreed with you. Pocket Army was fullfilled with contents so far, but we're doing the update to clear many issues on the game recently plus adding some features.

Doing the update for kind of casual game is a easy talk, but sometime, for a big game like Pocket Avenger, we need to understand the game structure again, and we feeel so weird when Zombie Z actually gain more players than Pocket Avenger, simple because of a runner game should not be doing like POcket Avengers. So we balanced the game and turned it as a paid game and we're now wanting people that actually want a free zombie runner go with Zombie Z

Antony

Quote:
I was talking in general about some Developers/Publisher and how they changed in the past while some of the biggest Publisher for Mobile did exactly the opposite by releasing 2013/2014 far less Games and instead keep their older Games fresh with new Content.

I am not saying that Pine had done something wrong in the past but it`s sometimes better to return to your other Games instead of trying to release each month a new Game and abandoning your older Games.

Hell even the Flappy Bird Developer did brought some Updates for his older Games out before he started to developer a new Title before he had landed his One Hit Wonder and got overrun by his succes.