★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nine Orchards
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 0.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Run. Duck. Jump. Survive.

Flick Runner is a action-arcade game that tests your reflexes as you sprint across an urban landscape.

Flick your finger up to jump, and flick down to duck. It's a new control scheme not found in any other major game! Dodge the obstacles as they come across the screen, and be sure to jump if the ground changes heights. Hit combos to boost your life - six obstacle dodges in a row means an extra chance to make the top score.

Everyone can enjoy Flick Runner - just concentrate and master the flicking!

FEATURES:
+ New intuitive control scheme.
+ Two levels of difficulty (try hard, we dare you!).
+ Addictive gameplay.
+ Retro graphics.
+ Highscores list.
09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Has anybody tried this? The game looks quite cool and i would be interested to see what people think of it

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me

09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
This game looks like Run!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah... we kinda knew that since that game was such a hit (at least I think it was) that others will follow along pretty soon

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-13-2009, 12:53 PM
It does look like Run...without the charm and polish.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah Run!'s so much better. I love Run!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Yeah Run!'s so much better. I love Run!
I dont understand why Run! isnt number 1. I mean the art is cool, the music is cool, the achievments are cool, the gameplay is cool, the game in one word is pretty much cool!

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
09-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Can we please refrain from talking about run! in this thread...we know its fun and all but please do it in the Run! thread

-skyye

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Since it appears that no one else has tried this, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not comparing it to run, because I haven't played run yet, though I might through in some references to Hurdler. The game is a simple affair in that you are a little blue stick guy running for no apparent reason other than to run. Obstacles will appear either on the ground, in which case you must jump over them, or in the air, in which case you have to duck under them.

The longer you play, the faster your character will run. There is a combo meter, and I think what happens there is that each time you jump or duck successfully you get a circle in the meter filled. When the meter is completely full you get an extra life. Any time a jump or duck is not successful you lose a life, and when all lives are lost it's game over. The controls are simply swipe up to jump and swipe down to duck. For the most part this works well, unless you have two activities real close in proximity, in which case it might be hard to get the motions in quickly enough. I didn't experience too much difficulty with that, however.

The real problem is that it gets kind of boring after a while. I think of games like Hurdler that make this concept amusing with things like running into walls and stepping on rubber ducks. Here there is nothing amusing. If you miss a jump or duck your character temporarily flashes red and you just keep going like nothing happened. When a jump or duck is executed successfully a message appears over your head like "sweet" or "good", but I've noticed you get that message even on an unsuccessful jump, so what's the point? There's not even anything to indicate that you advanced from one level to the next unless you look up at the little "level" counter in the upper left corner.

the visuals are simple but actually look pretty cool. It's very much a stick figure type environment, with simple silhouette objects and few colors. Unfortunately, there are no sound effects or music to back it up, so it's really hard to get immersed into your surroundings.

Overall I'd say the game is fun for maybe five minutes, but certainly not worth taking up a spot on your iDevice in it's current configuration.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre