Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch - CA] The Ember Conflict (by Pin Wang)

Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 196 MB.

Price in CA is Free

Requirements:

Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
The Ember Conflict is a fast-paced, real-time multiplayer tactical game, set in a gorgeous futuristic world.
As squad commander, lead your 4 units in fierce online battles against real opponents.

Ages after the Ember Isles were almost destroyed by a disaster of unknown origin, opposing factions are fighting for control over a resource of multiple uses: the glowing Ember.

FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS
- Fight for supremacy in real-time 1v1 and 2v2 online PvP battles
- Precise and Intuitive controls: No buttons! Draw lines to move your troops around
- Explore the Ember Isles, rendered in real-time 3D graphics
- Recruit ten different unit types, and customize your squad for maximum efficiency
- Optimized for Retina Display

In-App Purchases: The Ember Conflict is free to download and play. However, we have a few In-App Purchases available. Purchases help save time and can add variety, but will never help you defeat your opponent.

PLEASE NOTE: The Ember Conflict is optimized for the following devices: iPad 2, iPad (4th Gen.), iPad with Retina, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina.
---
About us: Substantial Games is an indie game development studio. We believe in bringing fun, fair and competitive games to mobile devices.

Join us: facebook.com/emberconflict
Follow us: twitter.com/emberconflict

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM

Nice. I read about that Game in a Press Release some Weeks ago. Didn`t expect it to see so soon on the iTunes Store.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

It being this clean and Free scares me but I'll keep an eye on it
Old 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

seems very interesting. downloading now

Last edited by Chaos_u; 07-01-2014 at 05:15 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

No iPhone
Old 07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Damn ipad only eh? Would still love to hear impressions. Looks pretty though!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

tried it like 7times to make it to the first training scene(server problem?). will keep playing it, so far the gameplay feels solid enough.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to GroZaV

Hi guys, I'm from Substantial Games, the studio that's making The Ember Conflict (Pin Wang is our CEO, it's a small hiccup in our AppStore registration process hehe)

First off, we're very happy to see that our game has sparked your interest, and we'll be doing our best to keep it a super-duper compelling experience.

Right now the build on the App Store is an Alpha, so please don't be too hard on us if it's missing some cool feature you're expecting. We'll definitely bring them on later

Then, when it comes to the actual number of people playing the game, this is normal as we haven't started promoting it yet. There will be a spike of users on monday evening, so this is when it's going to start becoming real interesting.
In the meantime, if you play someone, there's great many chances that it's one of us

BTW, if you're not in Canada, and don't have a Canadian account, you can sign up [URL="http://www.emberconflict.com"]here[/URL] for an access, you'll get it on Monday.

As for the reason why it's iPad only, it's simply because, after a lot of user testing, we realized the gameplay and size of our maps were not adapted AT ALL for the smaller form-factor of the iPhone. However, Android owners can rejoice, as when the game is launched globally (I can't commit to a date yet, but if you've seen our videos, you might have an idea), Android tablets will be part of it =)

Let me know if you have questions, I'm right here to answer you (and yeah I know, shame on me, I have a 1-post count. That will change soon, I promise )
Old 07-02-2014, 08:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Anyone remember General Chaos on the Sega Genesis? This looks kind of similar. I had a blast playing co-op back then. Looking forward to this.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolony View Post
Anyone remember General Chaos on the Sega Genesis? This looks kind of similar. I had a blast playing co-op back then. Looking forward to this.

Ya actually a friend mentioned that to me and I took a look as we were developing the game. Watching videos on it, seems like it was a lot of fun!!