Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
iPhone 5

Default Sword & Penguin - Top Down Zelda/Gauntlet-inspired puzzle game (sale + lite!)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Stroffolino; 08-08-2014 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: thread title
Old 07-02-2014, 02:43 PM

Default Sword & Penguin Official Soundtrack Now Available!

If you dig the game's tunes, you'll be happy to know the soundtrack is now available here: http://mikeok.bandcamp.com/album/swo...rom=fanpub_nfb

Thanks to Mike OK for his hard work on all the audio for Sword & Penguin.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:04 PM

On my Ipad 3 I can see carrier/clock/battery thing on top. Fix?
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
On my Ipad 3 I can see carrier/clock/battery thing on top. Fix?
We can easily make display of status bar on ipad optional in the first update.

Take care,
Phil
Old 07-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
We can easily make display of status bar on ipad optional in the first update.

Take care,
Phil
Thanks. Any chance to make actual gameplay area bigger? Also while not even close to native myself, I believe 160 is not hundreds
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 PM
iPhone 5

Default zillions of levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Thanks. Any chance to make actual gameplay area bigger? Also while not even close to native myself, I believe 160 is not hundreds
The playfield area is square - it's about as big as it can be on 3.5 and 4 inch iPhones/iPods. There's a decorative border on iPad to accomodate its unique aspect ratio. I guess there's no reason why gameplay couldn't be scaled up a bit more on iPad, though the controls would of course need to shrink to compensate.

You are correct that there are 160 campaign levels in the current release, but the game also includes a creative mode with editor, ability to publish, and an online hub to browse & play user-created content. Unless it gets pulled from the AppStore due to cruelty to animals, I don't see anyone ever running out of levels to play. We've got 60+ solid levels archived and ready to trickle out - I'll likely publish one a day for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
The playfield area is square - it's about as big as it can be on 3.5 and 4 inch iPhones/iPods. There's a decorative border on iPad to accomodate its unique aspect ratio. I guess there's no reason why gameplay couldn't be scaled up a bit more on iPad, though the controls would of course need to shrink to compensate.

You are correct that there are 160 campaign levels in the current release, but the game also includes a creative mode with editor, ability to publish, and an online hub to browse & play user-created content. Unless it gets pulled from the AppStore due to cruelty to animals, I don't see anyone ever running out of levels to play. We've got 60+ solid levels archived and ready to trickle out - I'll likely publish one a day for the foreseeable future.
Just my opinion ofc but dpad could be smaller on Ipad. Nice to hear about levels too
Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 PM
iPhone 5

Default ScreenCaps

One of my kids is putting together a video tutorial for the editor. In the meantime, here's some screencaps from an older iPhone.

Gameplay

Intro, Chapter#1

Editor (Creative Mode)
Old 07-04-2014, 09:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just gave this a go, pleasantly surprised. Played a few levels, very polished game. Nice graphics, can have d-pad (phew !) or tilt.

Bit of a basic puzzler which turns into a few 'gauntlet' ish style levels later where you can shoot and theres a monster generator.

Played the first 5 levels and i really like this. Controls work well (iphone i'm playing it on), think this needs to get a bit more love/recognition. Worth picking up for sure
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM

Default Fun Times!

I did some testing for the developer on this game. Its a great game! I really enjoyed playing it! I think the level editor is a great addition. I really hope it takes off. Don't be deceived by the cuteness. This game ramps up in difficulty and should be fun for gamers looking for a bit of a challenge. I know this is a labor of love for the developer, and it shows in the game play. Give it a try. You'll have fun times!