Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Seantron Seantron is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Default TERM1NUS by Imaginary Computer is available now for free!



And here's a video play through on my iPad Mini Retina:


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 AM
redribbon redribbon is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,363
Default

saw this couple of days ago on the upcoming thread. gonna try it later.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Seantron Seantron is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
saw this couple of days ago on the upcoming thread. gonna try it later.
Awesome! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2014, 03:24 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,060
Default

Just been playing a few goes of this. Think it has a lot of potential. I'm never a tilt fan so i was glad you can switch to buttons. But be great if theres an option for autofire as with the buttons you cant tap the screen to shoot as well, you have to keep tapping left/right really.

Its a shame you dont get lives to carry on though. The way you upgrade your ship seems very expensive ! On most runs i get 1 or 2 gems and most of the main weapons/upgrades are 15/25 ! Is there a way to 'buy' the game so i can get rid of the advert as well ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Seantron Seantron is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just been playing a few goes of this. Think it has a lot of potential. I'm never a tilt fan so i was glad you can switch to buttons. But be great if theres an option for autofire as with the buttons you cant tap the screen to shoot as well, you have to keep tapping left/right really.

Its a shame you dont get lives to carry on though. The way you upgrade your ship seems very expensive ! On most runs i get 1 or 2 gems and most of the main weapons/upgrades are 15/25 ! Is there a way to 'buy' the game so i can get rid of the advert as well ?
Thanks so much for the feedback. Yes, I'm adding an autofire option to the Button Control Scheme. Also I'm adding different valued Gems a 5x and 10x and a Multiplier power up. There's going to be a Jetpack Joyride-esque Mission mode added as well. Probably going in the paid version.

The paid version will be coming out soon. And people have asked for IAP to get rid of the ads. So that will be coming soon as well.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Seantron Seantron is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Default Covered in AppAdvice

TERM1NUS got a really nice review from AppAdvice!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
nightc1 nightc1 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,308
Default

Tried the game out a couple dozen times. The ads between every game and after exiting every menu are obnoxious since each run lasts under a minute. The flying bugs are too much to avoid since you can't shoot them and their height makes it hard to figure out if you are in their path or not until it's too late. There's already multiple spinning bars, crawling bugs and stuff to avoid.

Tap buttons vs tilt... this is one game where tilt is much better because of the way the shooting is handled. I'd like to see an option where the controls to move are on one side and then you can tap anywhere else to shoot. That would make the touch controls function better. Tilt isn't great due to input lag, but it still beats the current touch method.

As for upgrades, yes they are too expensive, however there is a bug for anyone interested.

If you go to ships and choose the second ship and hit the buy button, it'll let you get it without paying any gems. Then tap the button again to equip it. You can do this for ALL of the ships. That makes the game a lot more fun. Heck with the last ship on my first run I managed 4416 on the distance and jumped to 6th on the highscore leaderboard and 7th on the Distance leaderboard.

So I guess there is something to look forward to when the game is fixed to have the long grind to unlock stuff but have the gem payouts much higher.

I haven't decided if I'll keep the game or not, as it is, it was fun but only because of the bug to try all the other ships.

Edit:

Played a couple more times, 6343 distance puts me up to 4th in Score and Distance and now I'm 8th in gems. Heck I'm not too far off of getting 1st.

Last edited by nightc1; 07-09-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Seantron Seantron is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Tried the game out a couple dozen times. The ads between every game and after exiting every menu are obnoxious since each run lasts under a minute. The flying bugs are too much to avoid since you can't shoot them and their height makes it hard to figure out if you are in their path or not until it's too late. There's already multiple spinning bars, crawling bugs and stuff to avoid.

Tap buttons vs tilt... this is one game where tilt is much better because of the way the shooting is handled. I'd like to see an option where the controls to move are on one side and then you can tap anywhere else to shoot. That would make the touch controls function better. Tilt isn't great due to input lag, but it still beats the current touch method.

As for upgrades, yes they are too expensive, however there is a bug for anyone interested.

If you go to ships and choose the second ship and hit the buy button, it'll let you get it without paying any gems. Then tap the button again to equip it. You can do this for ALL of the ships. That makes the game a lot more fun. Heck with the last ship on my first run I managed 4416 on the distance and jumped to 6th on the highscore leaderboard and 7th on the Distance leaderboard.

So I guess there is something to look forward to when the game is fixed to have the long grind to unlock stuff but have the gem payouts much higher.

I haven't decided if I'll keep the game or not, as it is, it was fun but only because of the bug to try all the other ships.

Edit:

Played a couple more times, 6343 distance puts me up to 4th in Score and Distance and now I'm 8th in gems. Heck I'm not too far off of getting 1st.
We actually left that back door open, because we were worried about the difficulty. It's hard to balance games, and I'm already about to ship a new version.

And it'll include more ships. And that button scheme you mentioned is the new button scheme. As it works better. It's also easier to play if you are laying down.

But thank you for your input. I'm really trying to make TERM1NUS into something great. I think I'm close.

Stick around for version 1.1? Next week?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2014, 01:09 PM
nightc1 nightc1 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seantron View Post
Stick around for version 1.1? Next week?
Possibly. No promises though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
JCho133 JCho133 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,006
Default

Heard a lot of good things about this one, about to give it a shot myself
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent