★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shovel Knight please come to iOS

07-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Shovel Knight please come to iOS

Shovel Knight is a relatively new game that is supposed to be fantastic and looks like it would be well suited on iOS devices. If there's a video game god out there please make it happen.
07-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
Shovel Knight is a relatively new game that is supposed to be fantastic and looks like it would be well suited on iOS devices. If there's a video game god out there please make it happen.
Agree - 100%. My boy's talking about picking it up on 3DS and WiiU but I'd love it on my phone. It looks absolutely beautiful.

07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Me too. I had to go home to get my PC controller just to be able to play this gem. I always had to go back to MHFU, but this game is definitely something i would like to finish.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Lol no. They'd have to sell it for pretty cheap probably, and the game as good as REQUIRES a controller.
07-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Lol no. They'd have to sell it for pretty cheap probably, and the game as good as REQUIRES a controller.
They can sell it at full price, but im sure you wont buy it coz you only buy games for cheap.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Play the game on the 3DS, it needs a controller, couldn't imagine it with touch controls.
07-07-2014, 03:27 PM
The developers have said they're looking into it. Here's an interview from awhile ago that touches on iOS.

http://www.maclife.com/article/games..._shovel_knight

Quote:
Have you considered bringing it to iOS or other mobile devices?

Yes, we certainly have. We’ve been told things like, “You will print money!!” but we don’t think that Shovel Knight can be really perfect on iOS in its current form. It’s a D-pad and buttons game, and it makes liberal use of up and down directions too. We’ve spent a good amount of time iterating on iOS control schemes for other games, and from that we’ve learned that you have to build custom iOS experiences. So if Shovel Knight comes to iOS, we would take our time and probably retool a lot of stuff. Maybe in the future!
07-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Awesome news. Hope to see it hitting our app stores in the relatively near future