★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The long-running Japanese baseball videogame franchise, PowerPros, comes to your iPhone/iPod touch!

Play is simple: Tap and slide your finger to pitch, hit, and run.

Two Gameplay Modes:
Exhibition Mode
Choose from 6 unique baseball teams and play against the CPU. Play the game with customized settings.

Pennant Mode
Play like the Pros in pennant mode, complete with customized settings.
You can customize your season and select 25, 50, or 162 games. Innings can also be customized: choose 3, 6, or 9 innings per game.
Play through your baseball season anytime anywhere.

Difficulty settings range from Novice, Normal, and Expert.

Graphics An exciting baseball experience is at your fingertips with rich and dynamic animations and intuitive controls.

Sound This is Power Pros at its finest! Complete with commentary, crowd noise, background music and fight songs - just like the console games. Over 120 variations of play-by-play provide you with an exciting baseball game experience on your iPhone/iPod touch!

*All teams, stadiums and player names in this game are fictional.

**NOTE** - Bluetooth functionality only compatible with iPhone 3G models and newer. OS 3.0 or higher is required.
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Crazy. This is my favorite baseball game in the app store.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
really? Bought this on launch day, this game is rubbish imo. No rpg mode and its ridculously easy to hit home runs (easily get 50 runs or so a game). Best baseball game out is probably 9th inning and baseball superstars 2009 (or wait a few months for 2010 version).
08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
really? Bought this on launch day, this game is rubbish imo. No rpg mode and its ridculously easy to hit home runs (easily get 50 runs or so a game). Best baseball game out is probably 9th inning and baseball superstars 2009 (or wait a few months for 2010 version).
Yes really. I've seen your screenshots. Yes, it is easy to score runs. On hard mode however, the computer scores tons of runs too. It's arcade style, not sim style. Superstars has annoying RPG elements and 9 innings is good but seems like a mobile port to me.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-27-2009, 02:24 PM
And still not available in the UK!
08-27-2009, 02:24 PM
aww look how cute, now i have to buy it
08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Looks really tempting for 99cents but I m sure other than cute grafix the game is gonna disappoint me.
08-27-2009, 02:31 PM
best part is batting, but fielding and running sucks. Fielders move way too slow/or too small compared to the field. And running ai sucks too, the batters should auto tag bases for popflys...
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
And still not available in the UK!
I know!
08-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not going to argue Chickdigger's points...they are valid, because that is how he feels. I personally think the running is pretty intuitive. Tagging up would be nice, but I've never had a runner thrown out that wasn't a direct result of me trying to be aggressive and getting thrown out. The last update addressed the fielder AI, I've noticed a difference, but maybe it's still not enough for some...either way. It stinks that the U.K. is getting screwed on this, but if you want an arcade baseball game, you could do a lot worse for a buck...just keep in mind that Chickdigger is right about run scoring. On hard mode my scores are usually around 12-15 runs. On a plus note, so are the computer's scores. I'm midway through my season, and my winning percentage is around 65%, so it's quite competitive.