Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-07-2014, 08:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Power Disc Free

Hi guys,
I have just released the free version of Power Disc. The game is fully playable, with extra characters purchasable in app.
Power Disc is a remake of Windjammers a Neo Geo game released in '90s, designed for touch screen controls.

Gianluca

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 AM

I loved windjammers! I'll give it a shot.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
iPad Air

Default Question about game play

Is there any way to control your player when he's on defense, or is this an offense-only game? I've been playing it for a few minutes and am getting the impression that I don't have control over my player when a disc is thrown at him.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
Is there any way to control your player when he's on defense, or is this an offense-only game? I've been playing it for a few minutes and am getting the impression that I don't have control over my player when a disc is thrown at him.
Just touch (and hold) a point on the screen. The player will follow your input
Old 07-07-2014, 12:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Always been a frisbee (disc) fan, so a cross between that and Pong (in my mind) sounds good to me! Hey, is there an Android version?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM

What's the difference between paid and free versions? Is everything already unlocked in the free version?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM
iPad Air

Default Not liking the swipe controls on offense and touch control on defense

I'm finding that swiping actions when throwing the disc are often not correctly detected, resulting in throws that don't follow the same directions as my swipes...and it is very confusing and awkward to play a game of this genre that has automatic control of one's player (while on defense) but also permits movement of the player by touching the screen. Offering one of these approaches or the other would make sense, but combining both strikes me as bizarre; I would prefer to be in complete control of my player's movements all the time (in other words, like pong). I'm also perplexed by the super powers, which seem to make throwing and scoring unstoppable when a super power is activated.

The graphical treatment is pretty nice, but game play leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm finding that swiping actions when throwing the disc are often not correctly detected, resulting in throws that don't follow the same directions as my swipes...
Yes, each player has different individual skills. The default character (tennis player) has medium/low accuracy skill and this means the disc trajectory could be different from your swipes. On the other hand the fencer girl has a great accuracy but low power.

Quote:
and it is very confusing and awkward to play a game of this genre that has automatic control of one's player (while on defense) but also permits movement of the player by touching the screen. Offering one of these approaches or the other would make sense, but combining both strikes me as bizarre; I would prefer to be in complete control of my player's movements all the time (in other words, like pong).
You may have a point here, i tried to combine both controls in order to give anyone the preferred controls. Anyway I could add an option to select the preferred controls in the next update.

Quote:
I'm also perplexed by the super powers, which seem to make throwing and scoring unstoppable when a super power is activated.

The graphical treatment is pretty nice, but game play leaves a lot to be desired.
It is difficult to stop super powers but not impossible, you just need to learn disc patterns and you could stop them.

Thank you very much for your feedback, really appreciated. It helps to improve the game.

Gianluca
Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoxSoft View Post
Yes, each player has different individual skills. The default character (tennis player) has medium/low accuracy skill and this means the disc trajectory could be different from your swipes. On the other hand the fencer girl has a great accuracy but low power.

You may have a point here, i tried to combine both controls in order to give anyone the preferred controls. Anyway I could add an option to select the preferred controls in the next update.

It is difficult to stop super powers but not impossible, you just need to learn disc patterns and you could stop them.

Thank you very much for your feedback, really appreciated. It helps to improve the game.

Gianluca
I think you run the risk of confusing a lot of users who, like myself, expect our swiping motions to be accurately reflected in disc throws and therefore conclude your game must be buggy when throws aren't consistent with swiping. Also, I'd encourage you to rethink the control mechanism for defense and change it to a 360-degree virtual joystick control. You have the quality graphics and interesting concept needed for a successful game, but they are undermined in my opinion by the issues I've raised.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Always been a frisbee (disc) fan, so a cross between that and Pong (in my mind) sounds good to me! Hey, is there an Android version?
Yes, you can find the Android and Windows Phone version on respectively Google Play and windows store