★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blast-A-Way 99c

07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Blast-A-Way 99c

Bargin?
07-09-2014, 02:04 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,055

07-09-2014, 02:32 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,521
I really enjoyed this puzzle game; I do hope they make a new one.
07-09-2014, 05:13 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I really enjoyed this puzzle game; I do hope they make a new one.
How are the shooting mechanics? I saw some vids and I don't really understand how it works. It seems to be the main part of the game and I want to make sure it's really solid. Thanks
07-09-2014, 06:31 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,926
Not very often does Illusion Labs do a "sale", this being the only game in their library I don't own, it's a must-have at $1
07-09-2014, 07:37 AM
#6
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
How are the shooting mechanics? I saw some vids and I don't really understand how it works. It seems to be the main part of the game and I want to make sure it's really solid. Thanks
It's a solid puzzler for sure. It's also fun and cute. I laughed out loud many times while playing because of the gameplay when you throw the bombs and what happens if you miss, etc. Definitley worth a buck.
07-09-2014, 08:29 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
How are the shooting mechanics? I saw some vids and I don't really understand how it works. It seems to be the main part of the game and I want to make sure it's really solid. Thanks
You can pan, zoom and rotate the level to find your target, or short tap to centre on any area.

You then tap and hold and the projectile is always thrown at that exact spot. A meter appears on screen for the angle of the throw, which allows you to throw over obstacles. The angle is set when you take your finger off.

It works very well.
07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
You can pan, zoom and rotate the level to find your target, or short tap to centre on any area.

You then tap and hold and the projectile is always thrown at that exact spot. A meter appears on screen for the angle of the throw, which allows you to throw over obstacles. The angle is set when you take your finger off.

It works very well.
I couldn't have said it better, and yes, I agree it works very well. The game is well worth the buck.