Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-09-2014, 06:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Blackwell 1: Legacy (by Wadjet Eye Games)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 252 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Rosa Blackwell's humdrum life is turned upside-down when she discovers she is a medium with the power to talk to the dead.

With the aid of the wise-cracking Joey Mallone, the family spirit guide, she sets out on a quest to lay to rest the ghosts of New York City.

But is Joey as well-intentioned as he claims? And why is her family bonded to him, generation after generation?

"The Blackwell Legacy" is the first in the critically acclaimed Blackwell series. It is followed by "Blackwell 2: Unbound", "Blackwell 3: Convergence", "Blackwell 4: Deception" and "Blackwell 5: Epiphany"

Just Adventure - "It leaves most independently developed games for dead." - A-/B+
Strategy Informer - "If this were a TV show, one watch of this and any TV network would commission a full series."
Adventure Gamers - "By the end of the game, [Rosangela Blackwell] is a main character you want to spend more time with." 4.5/5
Gameboomers - "An unusually compelling psychological study for an independent game to undertake."
Gamezebo - "A thought-provoking and detailed plot."

iPhone Screenshots:

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 07-09-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I have this saga on gog.com and it is very good.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Do you have any details about the game, such as estimated price, a gameplay video, or screenshots? Thanks.

Edited, I can see the screenshots and game info just fine now, I don't know why I couldn't see the info earlier. Looks like an instant buy!

Last edited by David1953; 07-09-2014 at 07:02 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1953 View Post
Do you have any details about the game, such as estimated price, a gameplay video, or screenshots? Thanks.

Edited, I can see the screenshots and game info just fine now, I don't know why I couldn't see the info earlier. Looks like an instant buy!
I beta tested this game and the other two. The first one is shorter than the others, but took me about 5 hours to finish (but I had to report bugs and things like that, so you may finish it quicker).
It costs 2 dolars and the other two 3 dolars (they are longer). Gameplay you can see here http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=60471
It's a great point & click adventure and even the beta version was already pretty stable. I found few and non compromising bugs. If you like this kind of games you should grab all of them. They are among the best you can find on the App Store.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Thanks for the video, Pipitpitchu. It is good to see a set of true point and click games of a more serious nature being released, and it looks as though I will be getting all three when they are released in NA tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Well the bundle system in ISO 8 App Store will be really nice for these kind games!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
I have this saga on gog.com and it is very good.
Seconded
Old 07-09-2014, 12:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Cool to see wadjet eye porting more games. I already own this series on steam and I double dipped on Shivah on Steam after buying the iOS version. I don't think I'll double dip the other way since I think I'm going to play these more on pc than my iphone, but I applaud making these available to more people.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:57 PM

Pretty much positive I'll be getting all of these, but just so I know what I'm letting myself in for: how do the episodes fit together?

E.g. Are they separate plots where you can get extra satisfaction drawn from knowing plot points/characters mentioned in previous chapters (like books in a series), or are they episodes of one long plot that don't make sense till they're put together (like chapters in a book)?

I'll be playing them in order of course, but I might pace it differently (e.g, get Walking Dead 2 & The Wolf Among Us out of the way first if I want to play them as one long narrative, or download an episode at a time and start this week if they stand alone well).
Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmcadams82 View Post
Pretty much positive I'll be getting all of these, but just so I know what I'm letting myself in for: how do the episodes fit together?

E.g. Are they separate plots where you can get extra satisfaction drawn from knowing plot points/characters mentioned in previous chapters (like books in a series), or are they episodes of one long plot that don't make sense till they're put together (like chapters in a book)?

I'll be playing them in order of course, but I might pace it differently (e.g, get Walking Dead 2 & The Wolf Among Us out of the way first if I want to play them as one long narrative, or download an episode at a time and start this week if they stand alone well).
One long (episodic) story. Main characters and a few side characters are consistent throughout. Pretty much like any other episodic game. They do stand alone well though - each episode revolves around a new conflict, with the overall arch also being expanded.

Excited there's an iOS port - I binge played these on PC, they're stellar.