★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dicework Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Diceworks is an addictive dice poker puzzle game with awesome steampunk visuals and audio.

Collect hands of dice and reach for highscores in three compelling game modes!

"This game is definitely worth buying if you like puzzle games, and if youre fond of games like Bubble Breaker, etc, Diceworks is a must have." 5/5
- iPhoneAppReviews

Carlos-Sz's comments:
iTunes Link ($0.99 - 17.9 MB)

Upcoming forum topic with screenshots

Play the free web version

- (AppInfo coming soon)
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Whoa, just played the online version and I love it. So simple and I love the steampunk theme.

08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Anyone try the idevice version? Does it play as sweet as it looks?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-28-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm finding it very sluggish and unresponsive on my iPhone 3G.

Also it has that feature in it where the app suggests a line for you if you don't find one within a couple of seconds. Personally I hate that but can respect others might like it - but no option to disable this - hence it's removed from my device now!

Jamie
08-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
I'm finding it very sluggish and unresponsive on my iPhone 3G.

Also it has that feature in it where the app suggests a line for you if you don't find one within a couple of seconds. Personally I hate that but can respect others might like it - but no option to disable this - hence it's removed from my device now!

Jamie
I'm not having any issues with the game on my iPod Touch 2g, but I'm not finding the game very engaging especially with the game highlighting tiles for me. It's just not a whole lot of fun.
08-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Ok, it seems we'll add an option to turn the highlights off in the next update. (although, note that it doesn't necessarily highlight the best option, only one so that you don't get stuck if you can't find any combinations).

Also, now that the Unity iPhone 1.5 is out, we'll probably be able to optimize the game more to give better performance on some devices.

Kyy Games

Trouserheart - Arcade Action Hack & Slasher
Rimelands: Hammer of Thor - 3D Turn-Based RPG
Cabals: The Card Game - Collectible Card Game
08-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Thanks!

It could also do with something else to keep it interesting I think - perhaps some dice are rotating? This isn't really dice either - it's just numbers from 1-6 - so how about being able to spin a dice over or something - I dunno - just something that changes this from being a game that has numbers from 1-6 to being a game that uses Dice in some way?

I really like Dice in games - I don't know why - but I do... and I bought this game because of this - but it doesn't really use Dice at all...

Cheers,

Jamie.
08-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
I'm not having any issues with the game on my iPod Touch 2g, but I'm not finding the game very engaging especially with the game highlighting tiles for me. It's just not a whole lot of fun.
Damn! This was one I was totally looking forward to. I can't justify something just pretty sitting on my phone.

I don't have a problem with hints but if it is just a few seconds, it needs to wait longer maybe 12? Something between too short and too long.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Kinda reminds me of Numba which I bought when it came out and didn't really like it. In numba you can connect diagonally (correct me if wrong) and in Diceworks it's just find the triple, pair or straight in a single row or single column. I did try the free web version (had to install web unity plugin) and thought it's polished and all but gets rather monotonous rather quickly. I'm sure this will appeal to some though.
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Tried the web version and it's boring. You can only select combos in the same row or column.

If you could select across rows and columns, there would be more challenge, thinking, etc. and the game might be worth getting. Right now, I wouldn't dload it even if free.