★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tangled $0.99 -> FREE *Update incoming sale!*

07-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Tangled $0.99 -> FREE *Update incoming sale!*

I dropped the price to free to celebrate a major update coming soon (just submitted to Apple)! The update includes a brand new multiplayer mode where you can play against players around the world!

Here's some of the new features:
- Reorganization of the puzzles based on difficulty
- Brand new more modern look and feel
- MULTIPLAYER mode!
- Finally proper support for iPhone5/5C/5S's resolution (100% flexible so it should also work with any new resolution released by Apple)
10-24-2014, 08:55 PM
The price ended up being so successful that we decided to make it permanent and we also removed all the IAPs (the iTunes store still shows 4 of them but they're not available, everything inside the game is FREE)

Version 5.0.2 is now available.

- Added iPhone6 and iOS8 support
- Added localization for French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Bug fixes (issue with lines not being lined up properly and more)
10-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
The price ended up being so successful that we decided to make it permanent and we also removed all the IAPs (the iTunes store still shows 4 of them but they're not available, everything inside the game is FREE)

Version 5.0.2 is now available.

- Added iPhone6 and iOS8 support
- Added localization for French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Bug fixes (issue with lines not being lined up properly and more)

By adding ads? Good job. Uninstalled!!

| App Tester and Reviewer | Blogger |
10-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronit View Post
By adding ads? Good job. Uninstalled!!
Unfortunately that was the only way we could maintain the development. The app also checks if you previously purchased any IAPs and if you have it won't show ads. Unfortunately we can't check if someone downloaded it when it was paid (we wish Apple would let us), but that's less than one percent of our users, hopefully you'll understand why we had to.
10-26-2014, 01:01 PM
This game is delightful! For being 5 years old, I am amazed with how current you've been able to keep it feeling.

Addressing the ads, they are the least intrusive I have seen in a game like this. I can't imagine how it feels to put all of that time into a project, review the pay structure over time, make it free and have an instant negative reaction. That has become such a common response and it's pretty sad. Every time a developer posts in the forums that they had to make it free/ad-supported, they point out that it wasn't what they really want but it's what they needed to do to continue earning a paycheck. Supporting developers enjoying what they do is what keeps games coming.

Thanks again for a great game!
10-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
This game is delightful! For being 5 years old, I am amazed with how current you've been able to keep it feeling.

Addressing the ads, they are the least intrusive I have seen in a game like this. I can't imagine how it feels to put all of that time into a project, review the pay structure over time, make it free and have an instant negative reaction. That has become such a common response and it's pretty sad. Every time a developer posts in the forums that they had to make it free/ad-supported, they point out that it wasn't what they really want but it's what they needed to do to continue earning a paycheck. Supporting developers enjoying what they do is what keeps games coming.

Thanks again for a great game!
Thanks for your kind words.

I've tried multiple ways to make it work and the market showed that even $0.99 was too much for "most people". Whenever the game is free it does really well and people really seem to enjoy it. I wanted a middle ground where I get a small return in exchange for what I've put in (the ad revenue is extremely small, we only show a small banner)