★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Slap together burgers for hungry customers, serve French fries and desserts, and keep the line moving in this arcade time management game! Work fast while the ingredients are still fresh. Choose the ones that will earn you more profit, and complete combos to earn even more! Beat the bosses in the mini-games and turn the fast food business in the big city into your very own success story in this addictive and tasty game!

10 different restaurants
12 burger components in more than 140 burger recipes
7 mini-games and 10 boss characters
5 amazing bonus devices
14 special dishes
iPhone 4 Retina Display support

Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian

A new game app every week - collect them all! Search for "g5" in iTunes!

Time Management Games:

Games Navigator By G5 Games
Jumpster
Virtual City Playground
Virtual City 2: Paradise Resort
Fix-it-up 80s: Meet Kates Parents

Hidden Object Games:

Whisper of Fear: The Cursed Doll
The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore
Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, Collectors Edition
Masters of Mystery: Crime of Fashion

VISIT US: www.g5e.com
WATCH US: www.youtube.com/g5enter
FIND US: www.facebook.com/g5games
FOLLOW US: www.twitter.com/g5games

eggzbacon's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326282022&mt=8
08-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Brought impressions soon

Games for itouch:
Playing:
Slot Z Racer ****Warpack Grunts ****Frootrees*****
Strongly recommends frootrees

08-27-2009, 11:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightknight View Post
Brought impressions soon
Great!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Impressive game!
Good graphics, fast gaming, a fun and addicting food game
I recommend it to people who likes 'amy's burger shop, or stand o' food'

Games for itouch:
Playing:
Slot Z Racer ****Warpack Grunts ****Frootrees*****
Strongly recommends frootrees

Last edited by twilightknight; 08-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.
08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Success Story are you a time management burger god?

I never worked in the fast food industry so I can only imagine what its like. Or, I can live vicariously through my iPod Touch and play Success Story, which is a good looking time management game running fast food joints. The devs behind this game G5 Entertainment are knows for creating polished games with excellent gameplay, and Success Story doesnt disappoint.

Typical of most of G5 Entertainments titles, the storyline is introduced in a comic book format. As the story goes, the McMooMoos fast food chain decides to replace human workers with robot servers which undoubtedly is a bad idea. The robot servers apparently hate the fast food business as much as most human beings because they go on a rampage and attack customers. After all the spilled ketchup and hurled condiments, the franchise is royally screwed with no staff. Thats where you the iTunes gamer comes to save the day, and thus begin your illustrious career in the world of burgers, French fries, and all things that taste good.

The objective here is simple: fill customers orders as quickly and accurately as possible. The happier the customers, the higher your profit margin will be, and most importantly, the faster you get to move on to the next fast food restaurant. Of course, its not as simple as grabbing this and grabbing that. To fill an order, you actually have to assemble things using the right ingredients and in the correct sequence using a variety of different ingredients. And, that doesnt include those high-calorie side orders such as sodas, ice cream, pies and French fries.

In terms of content, Success Story offers a good deal of it with 10 different restaurants for a total of 46 levels including a final supermax franchise level to be the ultimate fast food guru. Customers appear with their orders and wait patiently at least for a short while for their orders. Controls are straightforward: tap on the desired ingredient or food product. And if you choose the wrong ingredient, tap again to remove.

Ingredients appear on a layout of 11 tables which constantly appear and disappear throughout so youll need to act fast. As I mentioned, accuracy is important. For example, to assemble a cheeseburger, the ingredients must be placed in the following sequence on the bun: patty, onions and then cheese. If any of that is in the wrong sequence, not only will your picky customer storm off, but your satisfaction will also take a hit if it happens too often. In order to proceed to the next level, youll need to meet certain profit targets and a running tally keeps track of progress.

As levels are completed, profits are tabulated which can then be used in the upgrade store. Think of the upgrade store as the IKEA of fast food, except way more expensive, and probably more durable. Here you can buy additional items to sell in your restaurant such as foods (coffee, pies, candy popcorn), supplies (lids), and more importantly bonus perks. The game has several perks that require a boatload of money so youll need to sell a lot of dollar meals.

Robo-cookprovides a robot helper to automatically cook your burgers
Saleboosts the price and quality of each ingredient while on-screen
Radiosoothes the savage customer with tunes (think Muzak)
Timeslows down the pace
Hinthighlights the next ingredient needed for an order

On a side note, Success Story has 7 mini-games that appear in between levels which are fun but nothing particularly difficult. These games include ingredient memory match, where you match pairs of ingredients by type; pattern match which involves rotating tiles to match a pattern; tic-tac-toe using food, and a funky game where you assemble burgers backwards. While the games are optional, keep in mind that you earn a Benjamin Franklin each time you complete a mini-game which does help the bottom line.

The game also has an achievement system based on points earned (not profit) called the Grill Hall of Fame where you can be crowned anything from Chief Cook and Burger Professor all the way up to Burger Hero and ultimately Burger God.

Early on, the game is relatively simple, but as you progress, the orders become more complex, requiring more ingredients, as does the number of customers. Visually, it can be tough to make out whats actually in an order. For example, some customers request extra lettuce or cheese, and sometimes, thats not readily apparent from looking at the order. In addition, the game throws a wrench into things by including indecisive customerscustomers who change their mind while youre preparing their order. Its as real life as it gets. For some, the gameplay can be repetitive because honestly you are constantly assembling things. But on the other hand, the diversity of items and the fast-paced flow of the game are both challenging and entertaining.

Success Story is a terrific game with high production values and a ton of content. The gameplay should appeal to those interested in time management games as well as those looking for a faster change of pace. This can be a frustrating game if you dont handle stress very well, but it offers a fun experience.

Albie Meter: 4.5 Stars (game offers plenty of content with engaging gameplay; challenging enough to frustrate advanced players, and provides a fun time management experience)
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Ooohh!
Albie Meter 4.5 Stars!
I'll be watching this game

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Added to wishlist

(the one in appshopper that is)
08-28-2009, 01:17 PM
thanks for the good idea of what the game is. I was on the fence about gettin this one, now ill just check it out. Half a decade (little more) i worked the different stations in a restraunt, so i think ill find this one entertaining even more. You guys are kick ass for lettin me know what games to check. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
If only birth control was more accessible...
TTR3 - Maelickai ` Plus+ - Maelick ` OpenFeint - Maelick ` Agon - Maelick -=ADD ME!=-
Me likey - Prairie Chute, Taptap Revenge 3, Cocoto Kart Racing, Xenonia (still), Hybrid - Eternal Whisper, Dungeon Hunter, SkeeBall
09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Down to 99cents
09-22-2009, 11:45 PM