App description: The classic retro-arcade Blood Bros in your iOS with multiplayer and game-controller support.

Features:
- Virtual controllers
- Support game controller
- Support iCade® device
- Multiplayer
- Universal

tommi8080's comments:
It could be a new mame port, with mfi controller support and icade support, on the App Store.
I can't try it right now.
https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/blood-bros-arcade-machine/id894668000?mt=8
07-11-2014, 03:15 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,028
Just took a look, its not an authorised port as it seems to be by an indie dev. The buttons look familiar to MAME, but is this really a 'one game' app or something else ? NOT saying it is, i dont know anything about this at all. Suppose people will have to wait as once reviews come flooding in you can normally tell if its something else or not

Someone has to spend 2 dollars to take that risk !!

07-11-2014, 03:24 AM
#3
Gridlee was -apparently- a single game too.
Maybe...
07-11-2014, 03:33 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,028
Yeah maybe i'm reading too much into it. Indie dev seems to be behind it (only his second game on the app store), perhaps his developer fee is up and hes not going to renew it and so has added this. Ahhhhh i'll take one for the team, give me a few mins
07-11-2014, 03:40 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,028
Well i ran the game, looked so so (As i remember you had to run the gridlee game before so it sets up the directories)

I then looked into iFunbox and i can see a lot of folders (artwork/roms/samples/) which to me looks like MAME etc, seems to have all the same folders as Gridlee (apart from 'cheats').

I closed down the app properly after adding some roms via iFunbox

Restarted BloodBros BUT its still the same game. I'm pressing combination of buttons etc to try and get to some sort of hidden menu but nothing.

Perhaps later today we'll read about it more on sites, i 'think' its a MAME game but i cant seem to get the games listed

Once more sites hear about this and someone 'cracks' the combination to activate MAME i'm sure it'll get taken down very quickly. So its a risk, buy it now before its banned, yet i'm not sure of the combination !

Last edited by psj3809; 07-11-2014 at 04:11 AM.
07-11-2014, 04:44 AM
#6
Damn! Even when I delete the Blood Brothers rom and add in, say Donkey Kong, I still get Blood Brothers. I'll keep trying though.
07-11-2014, 04:46 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Damn! Even when I delete the Blood Brothers rom and add in, say Donkey Kong, I still get Blood Brothers. I'll keep trying though.
Yeah i reckon its just a combination. I tried contacting the dev on his tumblr site, see if he gets back to me.

The way it has the structure i'm certain means its a MAME emulator, just trying to figure the combination !
07-11-2014, 04:49 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah i reckon its just a combination. I tried contacting the dev on his tumblr site, see if he gets back to me.

The way it has the structure i'm certain means its a MAME emulator, just trying to figure the combination !
Yep - when I saw the file structure it was like bumping into an old friend - granted, this one doesn't remember who I am yet!
07-11-2014, 04:50 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,028
I've already got Gridlee but i'm interested to know if this is a better version, if it allows more games etc.

Searched on the net, all quiet on other sites regarding this app. I cant believe its 'locked' down due to the folder structure we can see
07-11-2014, 04:52 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I've already got Gridlee but i'm interested to know if this is a better version, if it allows more games etc.

Searched on the net, all quiet on other sites regarding this app. I cant believe its 'locked' down due to the folder structure we can see
Yep, I'm just dying to have a crack at Defender (the best game of all time, including the future) with an MFi controller.