★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gas Tycoon 1.2

08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Gas Tycoon 1.2

Gas Tycoon - classic challenging pipes game.
You are saving its private sector from freezing.
Your task is to restore the natural gas supply from the gas station to each home.
In doing so, save your people from freezing and heating to establish in your region.
The most importaint logical component is the smallest number of moves.

VIDEO PRESENTATION: link

iTunes link

- Click on a pipe or a house to rotate it.
- All houses must be connected to the Gas Station.
- All pipes will be interconnected in the end of the game; there will be no 'hanging' ends.
- Game field wraps vertically and horizontally: pipe in the top row connects with the pipe in the bottom row on the same column, pipe in the leftmost column connects with the pipe in the rightmost column on the same row.
- Do less rotations to achieve high score, and your people do not freeze in the harsh winter.
- Time does not influence the score, think as long as you wish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	7011

Features:
- Support various skins.
- Downloading Level Packs.
- Downloading skins.

Now available skins:
- Gas Tycoon skin.

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	7012
- Oil Tycoon skin.

Name:	screenshot3.png
Views:	0
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	7013
- Winter skin.

Name:	screenshot4.png
Views:	0
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	7014

Now available Level Packs:
- Default pack.
- Pack 01.
- Pack 02.
- Pack 03.
- Big Pack 01

Last edited by MaiklSH; 09-01-2009 at 12:19 PM.
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM
pm sent - looks nice

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
pm sent

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Have this game and it's pretty darn good. Great pick up and play type. There is no time limit at all, just a bar at the top that slowly goes down the more you rotate the pipes, affecting your final score. Starts of easy, but gradually gets more difficult. So you have to think about where the pipes are gonna eventually go before you start clicking if you want to maximize your score.
08-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Today we celebrated the 15000 sale of Gas Tycoon game.
Thanks to all who choose our products!!!
08-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiklSH View Post
Today we celebrated the 15000 sale of Gas Tycoon game.
Thanks to all who choose our products!!!
In what way are you celebrating? Giving free stuff to me? Yay!

back
08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
my impressions:
I think there is potential in Gas Tycoon, that was used in good way. As for gameplay, screenshots basically covers it, you have parts of pipes, you cant move them, but you are able to rotate them. At first it is easy, but difficulty is going up as you progress through game. Puzzles are quite challenging and they require some braining activity. Thanks to DL packs there is chance, that there will be more puzzle coming which is good sign. But current content (4 level packs) provide enough fun and for current price offers very good content/price ratio.
4/5

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68

Last edited by JCik68; 08-29-2009 at 02:10 PM.
08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
got a chance to try this game. its really great. im going to play it more. ill leave more impressions in a bit
08-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Wow, I love tube games like this.

Anybody compared this to Pipe Mania yet? Will definitely get this and post impressions when I can later.

The artwork and interface looks nice and clean. And I believe that's one of the nicest icons I've ever seen lately.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
08-30-2009, 09:07 AM
TOFTT and here's what I think. Just spent an hour playing and I'm quite impressed. I am a big fan of Toobz and Pipe Mania but Gas Tycoon just bacame my number one favorite in this genre. Definitely more polished than the other two. The interface is nice and clean plus you have three options of different skins. I'm also impressed that the dev decided to include in-game downloads for more levels and updates instead of relying on the App Store's sluggish approval for Updates. Imho, all apps and games should implement this feature. This simply means we're gonna get more level packs as fast as the devs make them. Right now there are already 3 packs available for download aside from the default levels. This goes to show the devs are continually giving this game attention and updates/more levels. I'm also glad the game's fully OpenFeint enabled.

This game is very well done and I can't believe it's cheaper than Pipe Mania. All in all, I highly recommend Gas Tycoon for those who like tube/pipe puzzles like Pipe Mania and the classic Toobz. With it's current price, it's simply a no-brainer to pass this fun pipe puzzler.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ