Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-13-2014, 04:12 AM

Default review queue

How can I not lose my waiting for review queue as I have been waiting 5 days and I need to have this programmer I hired to upload new binary with added features and programmer Said today tomorrow when New binary is ready
Old 07-13-2014, 04:19 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

You can't, new binary = go to back of queue.

You should actually reject the binary now so you don't get put into review and released (if you checked automatically release).
Old 07-13-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
You can't, new binary = go to back of queue.

You should actually reject the binary now so you don't get put into review and released (if you checked automatically release).
Thanks but what about making launch date next week getting review then uupdating binary?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:44 AM

Default people download update

What happens if people download and then I upload new binary? Will this be as an update for people who downloaded first version? Because I changed to coin s from inapp purchase and added something in coin shop to buy
Old 07-13-2014, 05:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetman View Post
Thanks but what about making launch date next week getting review then uupdating binary?
That is assuming you even pass the review which isn't a slam dunk or anything. You could do that if you wanted but the bulk of your downloads will come in the first 48-72 hours and the potential to get revenue will significantly drop after that.

Have you been doing any premarketing? I haven't seen you post any links or screenshots or anything. If you haven't you should because plonking it on the store with no marketing isn't even giving the app a chance.

Quote:
What happens if people download and then I upload new binary? Will this be as an update for people who downloaded first version? Because I changed to coin s from inapp purchase and added something in coin shop to buy
It will be an optional update for people. Also if anyone chooses to do an inapp purchase you will have to make sure the new binary still handles that.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 AM

Leave it as an upcoming update if the change is not that big.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 AM

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton333 View Post
Leave it as an upcoming update if the change is not that big.
I decided it best to reject and upload the updated game binary.

Destined I am happy for game to
Launch first and send
To reviewers.

I guess it's good idea to make Facebook page and I might even get the game on Facebook if it makes me some money
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I decided it best to reject and upload the updated game binary.

Destined I am happy for game to
Launch first and send
To reviewers.

I guess it's good idea to make Facebook page and I might even get the game on Facebook if it makes me some money
Don't count on reviewers. At one point I put lot of effort into emailing and contacting reviewers and mainly got back an email asking me to pay for a review, which I don't have any interest in doing.

Marketing is the hardest part of the app process (and I suck at it). I guess I don't have the confidence that if I put a chunk of money down I will even make it back. My next app I plan to try tweetinto as it is cheap and has a big reach.

Other than posting on forums, and posting early about your game I don't really see what you can do with a close to zero budget on marketing.

I thought about spending 500 in marketing on one of my apps but the advice on the forums in general was too small to make a difference.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Don't count on reviewers. At one point I put lot of effort into emailing and contacting reviewers and mainly got back an email asking me to pay for a review, which I don't have any interest in doing.

Marketing is the hardest part of the app process (and I suck at it). I guess I don't have the confidence that if I put a chunk of money down I will even make it back. My next app I plan to try tweetinto as it is cheap and has a big reach.

Other than posting on forums, and posting early about your game I don't really see what you can do with a close to zero budget on marketing.

I thought about spending 500 in marketing on one of my apps but the advice on the forums in general was too small to make a difference.
Hey destined

Elance has people you can hire to
Promote your app and also try fiverr.com where people review and put you on YouTube channel
Etc
P.s does your app go back in review if you set up gamecentre after you passed review?

Last edited by Planetman; 07-15-2014 at 04:27 AM..
Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Hey destined

Elance has people you can hire to
Promote your app and also try fiverr.com where people review and put you on YouTube channel
Etc
P.s does your app go back in review if you set up gamecentre after you passed review?
If you want gamecenter to work!

So yes, you have to submit an updated binary with gamecenter.

I have been working to get my followers up for promo, I have 300 or so on twitter and 500 on youtube which is a good start.

fiverr for a youtube review might be good if the channel is popular I will have a look at that one.