★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RC Heli - Indoor Racing - (Sneak Peak)

08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
RC Heli - Indoor Racing - (New video)

HI all!
Long time has passed since I first announced I was working on a RC helicopter simulator. Much has happened since then, and finally i'm here to show something.

FrozenPepper teamed up with Ethervision and iDev2 to bring a high quality and very polished game.

- Stunning 3D graphics and very precise controls will teach you how to fly a micro RC Helicopter in a awesome 3 floor house.

- 2 game modes : Free Flight and Race. Unlock rooms to explore in Free Flight mode by completing race tracks

- 6 unlockable tracks marked by in air checkpoint will let you compete with players from all the world for best time on global score boards.

- Send your latest track time to Facebook / Twitter directly from game!

- Fixed camera to practice with controlling a real RC helicopter.

- Detailed Tutorial will teach player the basics of RC Helicopter flying and controls.

This is just a sneak peak so I can't say much more, but game should be available on store quite soon!

Here is a little video of the game (shot on iphone 1st generation, frame rate almost double's on ipod touch or 3gs, we will provide a new video soon )

Youtube link | Pop Up

edit : new "game option" video online - this one is a fast made video with game played on iPod touch 2g BUT filmed with a crappier camera......

Youtube link | Pop Up

Will be back soon with more info's.
Bye all
FrozenPepper

Edit : attached introScreen and 1 new screenshot!
Edit : Game will available for download on appStore on FRIDAY 4 september 2009 !!!!
It will have a very special price of 0.99$ for all the week end (until monday)!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IntroScreen.png
Views:	3
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	7184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.PNG
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	7185  

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 09-02-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: New Screenshots
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
That looks awesome. Moreso than the original announcement. One thing I noticed is the jerkiness of the helicopter. Is that the framerate or physics/movement modeling?

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
That looks awesome. Moreso than the original announcement. One thing I noticed is the jerkiness of the helicopter. Is that the framerate or physics/movement modeling?
I agree, the game looks great but the helicopter seems to shake a lot.

Any chance there will be some unlockable helicopters in an update?

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Wow, that looks so cool! Awesome graphics also, great job on the game can't wait for its release.
08-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Looks good.
Is there a free flying mode (where you can just fly about the house at your own leisure)? If not, could you please add it in an update. The graphics look pretty good, and having multiple rooms (how many are there, btw?) is nice.

Hakuna Matata
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Is there a free flying mode (where you can just fly about the house at your own leisure)?
Yes! Every time you complete a track, a room of the house will get unlocked and you will be able to explore it in Free Flight mode.

I'm attaching 2 menu's screenshots.

Shaking is partially due to iphone 1st generation and to physics. Game is made to be very realistic but still simple to control. Air currents will influence your heli's flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MenuRace.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	7018   Click image for larger version

Name:	MenuSreenShot.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	7019  
08-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks damn good. Btw are there only touch screen controls or there is an option for accelerometer controls too?
08-28-2009, 10:17 AM
cool price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
08-28-2009, 10:17 AM
This looks really cool. I like how it's set inside a very realistic-looking house.

Something definitely has to be done about the helicopter shaking though. I saw you mentioned that it was partially due to being on a 1st gen iPhone.

Does that mean there won't be any shaking on later iPhone/iTouch models?

Because if you could get the copter to be shake-free, it would be a much smoother looking flying experience, therefore much more enjoyable IMO.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Looks very cool. And it's bound to be a lot cheaper than the $100+ I spent to trash a real RC heli...