★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Super Scrapped Robot is a retro action twin stick shooter in 4 shades of green!

"Super Scrapped Robot masterfully recreates the feel of old Gameboy games. Fans of retro games are going to absolutely love it." - PaulH, gameplayersreview.com

"Between its sights, sounds, design, and feel, Super Scrapped Robot does a better job of feeling like an actual Game Boy game than most that make the attempt." - Shaun Musgrave, toucharcade.com

Jump into the adventures of a tiny robot with a bipolar personality disorder and the compulsion to put things on its head: The only source of joy in the fragments of an shattered planet.

Game Features

- Action: Infinite generated levels with a bunch of enemies.
- Adventure: Eleven thrilling quests and five hidden hats protected by mighty bosses.

Special Features

To get the special features you can pay what you want.

- Rainbow Mode: Recolor the game in the colors of the Super Game Boy.
- Challenge Mode: Compete against others for the fastest time in a weekly changing challenge.
- Cheat Mode: Modify the game in various ways.

Please note: While the game runs on the iPhone 4, it doesn't run that well. You can enable the Low Perf Mode in the Options to let the game run a little faster.

Also available on PC, Mac, Linux and in your browser.
07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
What a lovely surprise!

Looks gorgeous, it's funny and it sounds great too. I need to play a lot more before commenting on the gameplay and payment structure but I'm very impressed with it so far, seems to be a decent twin-stick shooter to boot.

Edit: Played a little bit more I can easily recommend it. Bullet Hell bosses, clever one-lines, variety in enemies even on the first level, multiple weapon/hat combos, levels that remind me slightly of Toejam and Earl, Game Centre achievements...it's safe to say I'm enjoying this!

Edit 2: Payment structure tops off a great game. Paying unlocks a speedrun-style Challenge Mode, Cheat Options and a new colours-style; the Super Game Boy. Best of all, you choose what you pay; 69p, 1.49, 1.99, 2.49 or 2.99. Perfect!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 07-13-2014 at 08:21 PM.

07-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
What a lovely surprise!

Looks gorgeous, it's funny and it sounds great too. I need to play a lot more before commenting on the gameplay and payment structure but I'm very impressed with it so far, seems to be a decent twin-stick shooter to boot.

Edit: Played a little bit more I can easily recommend it. Bullet Hell bosses, clever one-lines, variety in enemies even on the first level, multiple weapon/hat combos, levels that remind me slightly of Toejam and Earl, Game Centre achievements...it's safe to say I'm enjoying this!

Edit 2: Payment structure tops off a great game. Paying unlocks a speedrun-style Challenge Mode, Cheat Options and a new colours-style; the Super Game Boy. Best of all, you choose what you pay; 69p, 1.49, 1.99, 2.49 or 2.99. Perfect!
Awesome find Pete. You must be in cahoots with Apples promotional team because you always find the good stuff
07-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks Pete! Downloading now
07-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Yeah good find, nice twin stick shooter. Can imagine playing this on the Gameboy back in '89!

Just paid 1.49 as a 'donation' towards the game, probably wont change the colours as i love it the way they are. Did the intro mission, all was easy/okay, controls work fine. Well worth picking up and supporting

If you like it at least pay something towards the dev (and we might get more from them)

Retro graphics, good controls, retro sound, small filesize, love it

Last edited by psj3809; 07-14-2014 at 06:17 AM.
07-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Hej,

i'm one of the devs of Super Scrapped Robot. You guys were fast in finding out that the game is online int the app store then us, so congratulation to that. And it's great to hear you like the game, that makes us happy. If you have questions or so just ask, i try to stick around for a bit.

You can play the game in your browser, too. An Mac, Windows or Linux App is also available. Just visit: http://scrappedrobot.com

Thanks and have fun!
07-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Another great find Pete!! Downloading it now.
07-14-2014, 01:35 PM
How am I supposed to get over water with one stone on other side and two on other? Cant push anything either.
07-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Few nagging grammar mistakes, gameplay is good though.
07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Enjoying this too! Thanks pete