★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Guide the ball to the end of the stage with the help of physics using a simple and unique gameplay mechanic.
Explore the world of Minimalis now!

Minimalis is a minimalist world, but danger is not minimal around here. Get the ball to the end of stage, but be careful! Don't touch anything that seems dangerous.
Develop your dexterity and precision to earn the maximum rank on each stage.

Available on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

-------------------------------

Free version with 9 stages to try!
Easy to learn and fun mechanic.
Explore this minimalist world with a unique gameplay.
Compatible with Game Center(Leaderboards and Achievements).
More levels coming soon!

You can also get the full version:
Play all available stages!
And all the new levels within updates too!
No Advertisements.

--------------------------------

Game developed on BEPiD-UCB
07-16-2014, 04:04 AM
It's out in uk now, just dloaded.

Youtube link | Pop Up

When I looked at the screen shots I assumed it was an endless type thing but it's actually level based. I should read descriptions lol. You control a dot which you have to guide towards the end target. You do thing by propelling it, kind of like pinging a peice of elastic behind it. Shorter pings move the dot slower, and bigger pings move it faster. First few levels start easy and then it gets harder as spikes and blades are introduced. You are timed and given a star rating at the end. It appears that you get 18 levels to play of which 9 are free and then you can unlock the full game for 1.49 which will also remove ads. Any future updates are unlocked if you upgrade too.

I like the game and will buy the full unlock but I'd like to be able to have an option zoom out to see the full course to help plan the router fore you start and I'm not sure if I like that the timer resets to zero if you crash as your score depends on the time then someone could just keep killing themselves until they beat it quickly which I'm not sure gives a true reflection of time taken to complete on the leaderboards. A death count would be nice too and also some indication to what times you need to gain three stars.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 07-16-2014 at 05:32 AM.

07-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
It's really fun and I think I'm going to buy the iap.
07-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Changed the title. It was only coming up in NZ when it was posted.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
07-16-2014, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Changed the title. It was only coming up in NZ when it was posted.
Yeah, sometimes when you click "Preview Post" you have to wait quite a few minutes before the AppInfo shows up - it's a real pain. Normally it's better just to post it and hopes then correct it afterwards so you can get on with finding more games

Nice looking game regardless, if coolpepper likes it then I'm definitely in.
07-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Yeah, sometimes when you click "Preview Post" you have to wait quite a few minutes before the AppInfo shows up - it's a real pain. Normally it's better just to post it and hopes then correct it afterwards so you can get on with finding more games

I knew about that, been doing his a while.
Did use other ways to check, but ah well.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
07-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I knew about that, been doing his a while.
Did use other ways to check, but ah well.
Oh I didn't mean that you wouldn't know it takes time; I meant that the time it takes can be ridiculously long that I end up convinced it's not out.
07-16-2014, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post

Thank you so much Pete! This game is very good but it's not perfect. I have some minor issues with it but overall it's a great game. Free for the first 9 levels and 2 bucks for a full unlock. The level editor sounds like a bunch of fun. So far I have only come across two types of hazards. It would be nice to have something else like something that rotates. This game has a ton of potential but it's still great how it is. I hope the dev comes here.
07-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43
I hope the dev comes here.
And your hopes came true.

Hi, I'm Heitor Costa, the developer of Minimalis.
First: Thank you so much, for all of you, it's really nice to see that people are enjoying my game(specially being my first app ever).

For the cloudpuff's comment about the zoom: You're not the first one to say something like that. At first I wanted something that people would have to learn the stage by trial and error, but I'm really thinking about implementing something like that you mentioned.

I'm working hard to bring new stages and hazards as soon as possible for the entertaiment of all.

Again, thank you all. It's really important to get some feedback.
07-17-2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeitorGCosta View Post
And your hopes came true.

Hi, I'm Heitor Costa, the developer of Minimalis.
First: Thank you so much, for all of you, it's really nice to see that people are enjoying my game(specially being my first app ever).

For the cloudpuff's comment about the zoom: You're not the first one to say something like that. At first I wanted something that people would have to learn the stage by trial and error, but I'm really thinking about implementing something like that you mentioned.

I'm working hard to bring new stages and hazards as soon as possible for the entertaiment of all.

Again, thank you all. It's really important to get some feedback.
You could show the full course at the start of each level only for a few seconds just before the level begins. This would give the player a quick idea of where the obstacles are but because you can't access it all the time you'd still need to rely on trial and error.