★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: - IMPORTANT: iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and all iPad devices are not supported.
Please check below to see if your device is supported before downloading.

- PARENTS: You can turn off In-App purchasing in the iOS settings.

[Recommended Hardware]
iPhone 4s or higher.

[Supported Devices]
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s.

This app cannot be guaranteed to run on devices not listed under Supported Devices.

[Using the app on an iPhone 4s]
After extended use on this device the game's performance may start to suffer and it is recommended to close the app completely from the main menu and restart after a few minutes. If issues persist, they can often be resolved by restarting your device.

Take on the role of Elem, an incompetent mage on her journey to graduate from the Mage Academy in this Dungeon Crawling Action Role Playing Game!
With the aid of your instructor Maru, can you take on the many monsters this world has to offer and earn enough extra credit to graduate and become a fully fledged Magician? Or will you forever be stuck at your desk at the academy?

- Envelop yourself in the Magical Orb spell and fling yourself at your enemies in a different take on RPG combat!

- Explore over 60 different dungeons and battle monsters, find treasure and loot!

- Find new and more powerful weapons and armor that change your character's apperance!

PeteOzzy's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 56.1 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- IMPORTANT: iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 are not supported.
Please check below to see if your device is supported before downloading.

- PARENTS: You can turn off In-App purchasing in the iOS settings.

[Recommended Hardware]
iPhone 4s or higher.

[Supported Devices]
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s.

This app cannot be guaranteed to run on devices not listed under Supported Devices.

[Using the app on an iPhone 4s]
After extended use on this device the game's performance may start to suffer and it is recommended to close the app completely from the main menu and restart after a few minutes. If issues persist, they can often be resolved by restarting your device.

Take on the role of Elem, an incompetent mage on her journey to graduate from the Mage Academy in this Dungeon Crawling Action Role Playing Game!
With the aid of your instructor Maru, can you take on the many monsters this world has to offer and earn enough extra credit to graduate and become a fully fledged Magician? Or will you forever be stuck at your desk at the academy?

- Envelop yourself in the Magical Orb spell and fling yourself at your enemies in a different take on RPG combat!

- Explore over 60 different dungeons and battle monsters, find treasure and loot!

- Find new and more powerful weapons and armor that change your character's apperance!

iPhone Screenshots:

07-16-2014, 06:29 AM
I can't make heads or tails of this. The customization and the graphics look pretty good but I can't tell what's going on with the gameplay. The UI doesn't seem to compliment the graphics very well.

I guess I'll have to give it a try..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
07-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Gave it a try. And it's NOT bad. But it's not good. I really wanted to like it but it made it difficult.

They use unreal and graphics are nice but they do very little with it. The character has a 3d model on the main screen but that's it. Nothing else to see in 3D. The gameplay was actually REALLY fun. However it's hampered by bad sensitivity and slow gameplay. They need to speed it up. Also you're in dungeons and it's easy to get lost seeing how you have to navigate with arrows, no map, and everything looks the same.

This leads to the premium side where you get 1 coin piece per enemy early on and 23 gold for beating the area. The first item I can buy costs 500 gold. Gee that'll take a while. And I thought the game would have a bunch of items since it talked about customization but really.. there's almost nothing to buy. It shows you what's ahead so the lists are full. But things like headgear.. list only 2 items. Really? The person who made the 3D models is excellent but under utilized. I'm surprised how little there is. Also the sensitivity is really low on the gameplay area and the main screen. So it all feels clunky.

Overall, you can give it a try as the battle system is actually refreshing. However this will grow old very fast as it feels like I'm playing an Alpha game. It has core features but it's completely barebones. Why spend money on IAP when there's only a small handful of things to buy.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Would have to concur what is said above. Talk about a lot of grinding just to buy an item. Sounds like this is an early build and not much foresight to be able to buy items immediately.
07-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to malaheart Send a message via Skype™ to malaheart
I agree too with what is said above.
07-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Gave it a try. And it's NOT bad. But it's not good. I really wanted to like it but it made it difficult.

They use unreal and graphics are nice but they do very little with it. The character has a 3d model on the main screen but that's it. Nothing else to see in 3D. The gameplay was actually REALLY fun. However it's hampered by bad sensitivity and slow gameplay. They need to speed it up. Also you're in dungeons and it's easy to get lost seeing how you have to navigate with arrows, no map, and everything looks the same.

This leads to the premium side where you get 1 coin piece per enemy early on and 23 gold for beating the area. The first item I can buy costs 500 gold. Gee that'll take a while. And I thought the game would have a bunch of items since it talked about customization but really.. there's almost nothing to buy. It shows you what's ahead so the lists are full. But things like headgear.. list only 2 items. Really? The person who made the 3D models is excellent but under utilized. I'm surprised how little there is. Also the sensitivity is really low on the gameplay area and the main screen. So it all feels clunky.

Overall, you can give it a try as the battle system is actually refreshing. However this will grow old very fast as it feels like I'm playing an Alpha game. It has core features but it's completely barebones. Why spend money on IAP when there's only a small handful of things to buy.
Thanks for playing.
May I ask what device are you playing on? The sensitivity has not been an issue on any of the supported devices listed during development. But as I made this game by myself I may have missed something.
Only about 5% of all the items in the game can be purchased, the rest are found as loot from monsters/bosses/treasure chests in dungeons.
Gold gained increases as you defeat more difficult enemies / dungeons.
Playing through the game will get your character equipped well enough to get through the game. Purchases are there only if you want to boost yourself at your convenience.