App description: Nails everything I could want in a 'defense' titlesimply a blast to play." 5/5 Stars TouchArcade
"One of the best games I've played on the mobile platform -- full stop." 9.5/10 -Destructoid

Dr. Lord Evilstein has kidnapped a princess, and now his evil lair is crawling with do-gooders. In this reverse spin on tower defense its your job to defend your home turf from heroes trying to save the day. View your domain from a side-view perspective, placing traps and unleash minions on your unwitting foes to protect the fortress. Touch and drag up and down on the tower to navigate floors. Across three chapters, two bonus chapters, and 75 levels youll outwit intruders that attempt to invade your castle from all sidesladders allowing them entrance on higher floors, underground drills to start on dungeon floors closer to your fair maiden. Keep the princess safely in your clutches and send those heroes cryin back to momma.

From Adult Swim Games and Grumpyface Studios who brought you Robot Unicorn Attack and Super Mole Escape!

FURIOUSLY FIENDISH FEATURES:

Touch and drag or tap to place traps and minions in your castle and navigate floors with ease
75 maniacally challenging levels spread across three chapters + 'Summer Slaycation' and 'Space Madness'
Upgradeable Traps & Minions to overpower your most stubborn of intruders
Ward Off Knights, Archers, Superheroes and more
Combine & stack Traps for maximum effect
Unlockable Extremely Difficult Endless Mode For Extreme Challenge
Daily Challenge-O-Rama grants you bonus currency
35 Game Center achievements to gather
Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards
iCloud support for cross-device use
Save from Free to Slay carries over to premium version

We'll even throw in a Flying Monkey, no extra charge.

Check out more from Adult Swim Games at games.adultswim.com

Echoseven's comments:


Quote:
Price: FREE
Download Size: 92.1 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Castle Doombad is now a FREE game!
"One of the best games I've played on the mobile platform -- full stop." 9.5/10 -Destructoid*
Nails everything I could want in a 'defense' titlesimply a blast to play." 5/5 Stars TouchArcade*

Dr. Lord Evilstein has kidnapped a princess, and now his evil lair is crawling with do-gooders. In this reverse spin on tower defense its your job to defend your home turf from heroes trying to save the day. View your domain from a side-view perspective, placing traps and unleash minions on your unwitting foes to protect the fortress. Touch and drag up and down on the tower to navigate floors. Across three chapters and 45 levels youll outwit intruders that attempt to invade your castle from all sidesladders allowing them entrance on higher floors, underground drills to start on dungeon floors closer to your fair maiden. Keep the princess safely in your clutches and send those heroes cryin back to momma.

From Adult Swim Games and Grumpyface Studios who brought you Robot Unicorn Attack and Super Mole Escape!

FURIOUSLY FIENDISH FEATURES:

Touch and drag or tap to place traps and minions in your castle and navigate floors with ease
60 maniacally challenging levels spread across three chapters + 'Summer Slaycation'!
Upgradeable Traps & Minions to overpower your most stubborn of intruders
Ward Off Knights, Archers, Superheroes and more
Combine & stack Traps for maximum effect
Unlockable Extremely Difficult Endless Mode For Extreme Challenge
26 Game Center achievements to gather
Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards

We'll even throw in a Flying Monkey, no extra charge.

Check out more from Adult Swim Games at games.adultswim.com

* Reviews based on the paid edition of Castle Doombad. Game content is unchanged in "Free to Slay" edition.










07-16-2014, 09:03 AM
#2
As questions are bound to come up because this is a "free" edition of an existing paid game, I'll go ahead and pre-emptively answer -

The in-game economy, difficulty, progression, and content offering has not been changed. Prices for traps, leveling them, etc. remain the same from the premium version of the app.

This version includes interstitial ads (premium version will remain ad-free), and there is a $2.99 purchase (same price as the premium game) that will remove them.

Minor changes have been made to the IAP structure:

• The lowest-price Doom Shekel pack is $4.99 (vs. 1.99 in the premium app). The amounts in the packs are the same.
• There is no Coin Doubler purchase in this version.
• An "Unlock All Traps" purchase has been added that unlocks every trap in the game (not present in the premium app).
• You can choose to watch video ads for free Doom Shekels in this version.

I think/hope we at Adult Swim Games and developer Grumpyface have struck a nice balance here and produced a free version of the app that doesn't invalidate the premium game users have paid for and have been enjoying since January - it's a separate SKU in part for that reason; your purchase is safe and won't have ads. And the free version has been constructed so that those who don't want to pay can experience everything the game has to offer with no in-game economy changes.

Last edited by SwimCeej; 07-16-2014 at 09:42 AM.

07-16-2014, 09:36 AM
#3
Seems fair to me.
07-16-2014, 10:59 AM
#4
Some developers and companies get a lot of crap on this forum for being greedy IAP Terrorists.

THANK YOU for not being one of them.
07-16-2014, 12:02 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
As questions are bound to come up because this is a "free" edition of an existing paid game, I'll go ahead and pre-emptively answer -

The in-game economy, difficulty, progression, and content offering has not been changed. Prices for traps, leveling them, etc. remain the same from the premium version of the app.

This version includes interstitial ads (premium version will remain ad-free), and there is a $2.99 purchase (same price as the premium game) that will remove them.

Minor changes have been made to the IAP structure:

The lowest-price Doom Shekel pack is $4.99 (vs. 1.99 in the premium app). The amounts in the packs are the same.
There is no Coin Doubler purchase in this version.
An "Unlock All Traps" purchase has been added that unlocks every trap in the game (not present in the premium app).
You can choose to watch video ads for free Doom Shekels in this version.

I think/hope we at Adult Swim Games and developer Grumpyface have struck a nice balance here and produced a free version of the app that doesn't invalidate the premium game users have paid for and have been enjoying since January - it's a separate SKU in part for that reason; your purchase is safe and won't have ads. And the free version has been constructed so that those who don't want to pay can experience everything the game has to offer with no in-game economy changes.
Another important question is: when will this free version be available in Android?
07-16-2014, 12:14 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin.ramirez View Post
Another important question is: when will this free version be available in Android?
Also tomorrow! Same day for both versions.
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
#7
Could have been worse you could have turned the game we paid for freemium which some devs do.
07-16-2014, 03:44 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Could have been worse you could have turned the game we paid for freemium which some devs do.
That was my greatest fear and I am very happy about making a separate free version. It would be nice if the paid version would get updates before the free one if you have any plans on making more updates.
07-16-2014, 06:53 PM
#9
I'd say it's a job well done, even though it's not a particularly pleasant job.
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
As questions are bound to come up because this is a "free" edition of an existing paid game, I'll go ahead and pre-emptively answer -

The in-game economy, difficulty, progression, and content offering has not been changed. Prices for traps, leveling them, etc. remain the same from the premium version of the app.

This version includes interstitial ads (premium version will remain ad-free), and there is a $2.99 purchase (same price as the premium game) that will remove them.

Minor changes have been made to the IAP structure:

The lowest-price Doom Shekel pack is $4.99 (vs. 1.99 in the premium app). The amounts in the packs are the same.
There is no Coin Doubler purchase in this version.
An "Unlock All Traps" purchase has been added that unlocks every trap in the game (not present in the premium app).
You can choose to watch video ads for free Doom Shekels in this version.

I think/hope we at Adult Swim Games and developer Grumpyface have struck a nice balance here and produced a free version of the app that doesn't invalidate the premium game users have paid for and have been enjoying since January - it's a separate SKU in part for that reason; your purchase is safe and won't have ads. And the free version has been constructed so that those who don't want to pay can experience everything the game has to offer with no in-game economy changes.
Thank you for going about monetization in a way which respects the consumer.

I have no problem whatsoever with "freemium" versions, when the original binary is NOT pulled.

Thanks!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.