80 days

07-16-2014, 06:47 AM
80 days

Hey all!

We wanted to stop by and let you know our new interactive fiction game 80 DAYS which will be out Thursday 24th July.

80 DAYS is a massively-branching, multiplayer, real-time, strategy-based interactive fiction, built from the same engine as our Sorcery! series.

Set in a steampunk'd 1872, you take the role of Passepartout, valet to Phileas Fogg, as he sets off to circumnavigate the world in 80 Days or less by steamer, camel, hot-air balloon, gyrocopter, submarine, mechanical shovel, Orient Express, airship, horse-back, sail-boat, paddle-steamer....

With over 150 cities to explore across a 3D globe, and with a built-in live feed so you can race against other players in real-time, the game is massive, gorgeous, and has almost killed us in making it.

We hope you enjoy it!

cheers
jon and the inkle team
07-16-2014, 06:52 AM
The banner looks awesome but.. no screenshots/video?

Check out our awesome upcoming games: Escape from the Pyramid and Stranded
Twitter: @tamadevs

07-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Screenshots!

Racing other players around the world:

Visiting cities - this shot taken just after sunrise:

Talking to characters to learn about where to go, what to look out for, and what to avoid:

Travelling:

And of course, making choices in the story - 80 DAYS is our largest and most complex interactive narrative yet with hundreds of people to meet, things to do, and scrapes to get into:

cheers!
jon
07-16-2014, 08:43 AM
It looks stunning, congrats!

Marking jul/24 in the release calendar!

Check out our awesome upcoming games: Escape from the Pyramid and Stranded
Twitter: @tamadevs
07-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks! This one's been a real labour of love. It's going to be awesome watching people play, too; we don't actually know what the fastest possible time around the world is but with the live feed we should be able to watch it happen!

Jon
07-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Amazing graphics!
Reminded me a little bit of Carmen Sandiego.
07-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Any price information?
07-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Hey, Joe here, also from inkle!

Price will be $4.99 / €3.99 / 2.99 (Tier 5), with no in-app purchases.

Just took this snapshot of a slightly-hacked version of the game to show all the routes that you can take - each one has unique content!

Last edited by joethephish; 07-16-2014 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Squashed image a bit! (again)
07-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Wow... I moaned in the news story that I just wish we had another sorcery chapter... now I can't wait for this! Beautiful art style and holy hell is that a lot of routes! Instabuy.

P.S. I do still want more Sorcery though ^_^
07-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsargeant3012 View Post
Wow... I moaned in the news story that I just wish we had another sorcery chapter... now I can't wait for this! Beautiful art style and holy hell is that a lot of routes! Instabuy.

P.S. I do still want more Sorcery though ^_^
Don't worry, we are definitely doing more Sorcery! Part 3 is about halfway written and we've got a couple of awesome new features up our sleeves.

jon