★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Zombie Hunter is the #1 FPS that combines the best from the shooter, sniper and zombie games. Your task is simple as a former marine: killing the walking dead as you overcome different scenarios full of intricate challenges.

When the duty calls, you have no choice: arm yourself up with different sniper rifles, assault weapons or bazookas and hunt those living dead trying to prey on humans to save the world from a zombie apocalypse.

In Zombie Hunter you will have to be ready for all kind of challenges: fire a hail of bullets while riding a helicopter to smash any undead who dares to cross your path, launch missiles to save the city from doom and be fast to slay new breeds of genetically mutated zombies.

Game Features:

- Intense action in the best zombie shooter
- Huge arsenal to choose from: Sniper Rifles ( Barret M82, M90, and Dragunov ), heavy guns, rocket launchers, and special weapons such as crossbows and scifi snipers.
- Over 250 missions: Campaign Mode, Helicopter Missions and Weapon, Guns test mode, Speedy zombies, and Superzombies
- 5 Stunning 3D maps never seen on mobiles before: Infected city, Abandoned Amusement Park, or Arctic.
- Changing weather
- Stunning 3D Graphics
- Missions Editor: you can create an endless variety of challenging and original missions

dlinan's comments:
Hi!, Here are my new game with collaboration of Genera Mobile.
Please reply me your suggestions and recommendations!

Cheers
David
07-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Woh... This looks cool. Only a few really good sniper games on the appstore, maybe this one's a sleeper

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Ohh! I hope this is good. Though I've already been deceived a few times this week and haven't found anything I like. Hmm.

I'm sure most people don't care but that app icon is disturbing. I wouldn't like to stare at a disfigured head every time I look at my dash

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
07-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Played it for a while. It's quite challenging. It looks amazing and it is fun. There are a lot of weapons and upgrades to buy and until now i unlocked 4 different modes to play

It's dual currency and with an enery system. I played the game for more than half an hour until i ran out of energy.

Fun game
07-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Been looking for a good sniper game, I'll check this out.
07-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Okay I played it. Not bad at all. Hate the energy but putting that aside, it plays really nice and smooth. No online required either. Graphics are nice too.

Just for the sake of suggestion, I think there needs to be added impact sounds. The guns sound good (though I think the AK sounds a bit too weak) in general but once they hit a target, there's no sound of the impact. I think that's the main thing missing.

The other thing is the ragdoll effect is not very good. When they die they kind of flip over in weird ways. I know how ragdoll works but this one seems really.. odd looking. Maybe because they die in slo-mo?

Still, good game. I'll play it some more. And one wish for updates is to actually add attachments to guns. Unless I'm missing something. Aesthetics to change the gun's appearance like scopes, laser sights, etc are pretty crucial for sniper games

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 07-17-2014 at 07:20 AM.
07-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to include it in the next updates.

What are the 3 best and worst things that you like/unlike?
for example:
+ like: bullet time effect
- unlike: tutorial

Cheers
David
07-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Lawliet makes some good observations. The ragdoll needs some work to make it more realistic. It seems like the elbows and other joints are locked in so when the zombie falls, it looks like you're knocking down an action figure. Loosen the joints but keep in mind how joints are supposed to work (elbows and knees don't bend forward, for example)

This pretty much follows the Deer Hunter model. Which is not bad but can get pretty aggressive later on.

Weapon customization would be awesome.

One thing that bothers me is the bullet trajectory. When I lock on a zombie's head and fire, it counts as a headshot but the bullet impacts away from the zombie, where it was at the time of pulling the trigger. It should follow the zombie.

Also an option to switch weapons while reloading. Some weapons take a while to reload so I'd say "screw it, I'm switching to AK-47" but I'm stuck waiting until it reloads.

Last edited by Eoghann; 07-17-2014 at 09:52 AM.
07-17-2014, 10:09 AM
This is a great game with outstanding graphics. I agree with the suggestions made above and would also like to add:
- Could you add an option to turn off the "bullet time" effect? I find it more satisfying to have an immediate kill than have to go through what feels more like a cut scene in these instances.

Congrats on making a really great game! I will definitely keep playing.
07-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Yes, very fun game. Idk about the rest of us here but I thought maybe we could see more of the gun in our hands? I don't think that would obstruct our view that much. Other than that it needs a tad improved sound effects but it's very fun