Universal Doppler - Bringing the wire loop puzzle up to date!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hosepha, Jul 17, 2014.

1. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    #1 hosepha, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Hi All!

We'd love to share our new game Doppler with you!

Remember those wire loop games where you slowly guide a metal ring along a twisting wire and try not to touch it? This isn’t really a lot like that. That is where our inspiration came from though, we just decided to make it faster, tougher and with more particles.

In Doppler you’re tasked with maintaining the charge of a line that twists and turns towards you. In an exciting take on touch screen controls you place one finger on either side to form a connection – let go, touch the line, or stray too wide, and you’ll lose charge; stay close and you get some back. That’s it. Hold on!

The game rapidly increases in difficulty through several levels and only absolute concentration will see the you get very far. Take your best time to the leaderboards and compete with friends to see who’s the best!

Doppler is a simple addictive action game for touchscreen devices. It is currently in active development, stay tuned for more features, more sounds and more graphics!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope you like what you see, we'll keep this post updated as we develop or you can keep an eye on the following...

www.mygostudio.com
    www.twitter.com/mygostudio
    www.facebook.com/mygostudio
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/doppler

I can't get the link formatting to work. Hope that doesn't cast too much doubt over my coding skills!

thanks!

Joe

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    "Remember those wire loop games where you slowly guide a metal ring along a twisting wire and try not to touch it? This isn’t really a lot like that."

I love this quote. I hate that kind of traditional game. It looks like you took that genre and made it twitchy. Looks awesome any info on pricing?

3. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    Thanks! Got to admit that we haven't fully decided pricing yet. We were thinking of free with ads initially but we're worried that we'll struggle to get much revenue without forcing too much ugly in there. We can't bring ourselves to put an interstitial between plays, feels wrong! So either free with some modes premium or just straight premium. Either way something like 2-3 USD for everything in the initial release.

Depending on interest we'll probably expand on that later!

Another missing point from my original post is release dates. Again not fully decided but aiming for around the end of the month or early next simultaneous release for iOS and Android.

Cheers,

4. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    Development Update!

Hi All!

Thought I'd drop in to let you know that the release is getting nearer. We've finished the core development now and we're polishing and testing as we gear up for release!

We also have a campaign up on Epocu. If the game sounds tempting please support us over there. It's free!

http://epocu.com/campaigns/doppler-2/

The final version includes 3 modes:

Infinite
    The game takes you through 5 stages of increasing speed and challenges the player to survive as long as they can. Making mistakes costs you charge and you can earn this back by playing well and filling a boost bar.

Extreme
    This mode strips things back, no levelling and no charge. It's fast from the start and hitting the line or letting go here is an instant game over.

Time Attack
    Here we have 12 unique tracks that increase in difficulty. Mistakes cost you speed. Can you earn the three stars for each track?

We'll post a launch trailer soon!

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Looking forward to this one.

6. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    This looks pretty, but like what do you do? Are there any dangers? It looks like it might be kind of boring

7. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    Hi Guys, thanks for the responses!

Cloudpuff, great that you're looking forward to it.

NiceDude, it's all about avoiding the line with your fingers - you control those two points on either side. It gets fast and frantic, especially if you play in the impossible mode.

I mean, I would say this, but it's good fun!

8. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Beta testing this. It's fun and challenging. Probably better on iPad, iPhone screen feels kind of small for the action. Simple controls, but need to be constantly focused and always skirting danger to earn a high score and get farther along the line

9. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    #9 hosepha, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Hey thanks for giving it a shot and glad you enjoyed it.

We'd love it if you (or anyone else for that matter!) would support our Epocu campaign - it's free! Like Kickstarter but for social media mentions...

http://epocu.com/campaigns/doppler-2/

P.S.

I'd also love it if someone could explain how to link properly on here! Neither auto-parsing or manually adding seems to work for me!

10. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    Okay we're nearly there! Doppler launches next week, Should be Monday!

Priced at $1.99 or your regional equivalent. We decided to go with a paid for app to guarantee that our users got the best experience - no ads, no pay walls, just addictive game play.

Follow us on twitter @mygostudio to get the news when it goes live!

11. hosepha

hosepha Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Dev @ My Go
    UK, near the coast
    Right here we are! Doppler will finally launch on iOS on Monday 8th September.

We had a few problems getting through Apple submission but everything is worked out now and we're good to go.

We'd love it if you give it a go!