Cup O Balls (in progress)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iamcartez, Jul 18, 2014.

1. iamcartez

iamcartez Well-Known Member

This is my new physics game that is similar to Salt & Pepper but requires precision rather than random luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Promo Codes:
    767P7PPT9LKM
    Y79KL9969F49
    MEPHX77J3HXA
    EL33PLT7TXHN
    XF4A4JNN6FHA
    YWW4KLMR3MHL

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!
    Y79KL9969F49

3. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    will check out, thanks!
    For 767P7PPT9LKM

4. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Cool concept, and nice minimalistic design.

I am stuck on level 4 though. I keep getting the "try again" message even though all balls are in - or a couple of times soon after they start falling, without giving you a chance to get them home!

5. iamcartez

Ah level 4 has that platform that is through the cup. Are you sure that you aren't touching the side of the platform?

6. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Ah, I think I misunderstood the concept. Are you not allowed to touch the platforms? I thought the goal was just getting the balls in but you could touch the platforms in between - provided you did not lose any balls.

7. iamcartez

Yeah with this one you'll avoid platforms..sorry for the confusion.

In my last game the platforms were okay to touch lol...

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've taken MEPHX77J3HXA, will play in morning and leave feedback. Thanks for the code.

9. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    After playing with this for quite a bit, my man grief lies with the difficulty tracing the lines. The input recognition is surprisingly good, don't get me wrong, I was in fact surprised at how precise it was. But, on a phone at least, I found the line is too thin and that creates the main hurdle when playing.

I understand the gameplay element here would come from analysing and determining where to draw the lines, and make those interact with the different elements in the screen to achieve the final goal of reaching the cup.

In my case however it seems the gameplay was more with making sure the lines where drawn properly. I knew where and how I wanted them, I just was not certain if I could trace them properly.

I still like this concept quite a bit, and I think the game is cool. If the smartphone tech had adopted "pens" as the main input element this would be awesome. As it stands though, in my case, I think I should stick to playing this one on tablets, with a wider trace and less difficulty drawing lines.

Despite the above, I found this a solid game. Good learning curve, solid experience, nice pacing introducing new elements and fun. Thumbs up!

As a last comment, maybe suggest a bit more color - the platforms for example - and make sure it is very obvious to the player they are not allowed to touch some elements in the map.