★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meteoroid is now free for a limited time!!! Grab it now.

Next update is coming soon.

Protect your satellites from those pesky meteoroids! Survive the onslaught in this intense 3D shooter for iPhone and iPod touch.

With powerful laser weapons and shields, try to destroy as many meteoroids as you can and earn yourself a top spot on the global high scores table. But beware, there are extremely dangerous UFOs lurking nearby, destroy them for massive points!

Watch gameplay footage at www.ectrobot.com
08-28-2009, 11:24 PM
apparently my eyes only see what they want to see......i thought it said metroid.haha

just throwin in my 2 pennies...

08-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
apparently my eyes only see what they want to see......i thought it said metroid.haha
Damn. Me too

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me
08-28-2009, 11:32 PM
well, I watched the gameplay video over on their site...the game looks like it could be fun

i also emailed the dev and invited them to the thread, hopefully we'll see them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to Ryan el champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
hahaha yea same here, i was extremely excited for that split second and then was brought back to reality once i opened the thread.

I play to win...

XBL Gamertag: Dude its minion
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Dang, what a tease.
08-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Once you take out the title, the game still looks quite interesting. Gott check out that video now.
08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Didn't really get excited like everyone else, I know Metroid would never come out for the iPhone/iPod.

Looks kinda interesting though.
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi there

Thank you for showing interest in my game. I didn't mean to deceive you guys with name sorry. It started out as a small project to help me learn Unity3D, but I kept adding more to it, so here it is...

give me a shout if you have any questions.

Thanks
Benz
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
hi! and welcome to TA

I am curious about the large energy beam I saw being used in the video...is that something you just have and it is available on cooldown or...

Also, there were what appeared to be triangular powerups...I saw that you could shoot them to make them explode, but some reached the satellite and disappeared...is that good or bad when that happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.